X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who uses the g15 keyboard?

how do you like it playing bf2?
    i just got it and im still learning how to get the keys to do what i want

but im disappointed it dont do mouse click, from what i have read.
    however if anyone uses this keyboard and got the keys to call for supplies or for a pickup or whatever i would like to hear how you got it to work

Re: who uses the g15 keyboard?

I had higher hopes for it. The hardest thing for me to get used to is the keys aren't as far to the left as I am used to. Im still quite often hitting the wrong keys. And yeah, the macros are less functional than I thought they would be. I love the LED keyboard, but the black die is already wearing off some of the keys to the point you can't tell what letter it is supposed to be. The clock etc, ram usage display I find useless, but it sure let's me pound the crap out of it without it getting wrecked. Oh and the USB ports are a bonus.

Comment

I use the G keys on the side instead of the F keys, and that's pretty much all i use it for BF2 (and Night vision or Gas mask when playing SF)

I do use the nifty LCD display though. I have it set up so I can see my connection speed, CPU temp, Frame Rate, CPU activeness, and RAM. (via LCD studio and Fraps)

Comment

Head over to http://g15forums.com/ for tons of programs and applets for it, they even have a TS and BF2 applet!

LCDStudio is also useful for things like WinAMP, etc.

Comment

Yeah mine displays all my stats. Well not all of them - just the important ones like kills deaths score team score etc.

Comment

I use it, and it's a great keyboard. I use the TS applet and use the G-keys for TeamSpeak as well. I love the thing.

Comment

I have it and think it's a great Keyboard.. The only Con is that paint is wearing off the most used keys. Cant say I need to see the letter to know what key it is, but never the less, for the big bux I expected a bit more quality.

Comment

I've had the G15 myself since Xmas. I use a Nostromo N52 as my main controller for BF2 so I didn't even realise you couldn't use mouse click in macro's for the G15. The only macro I have for it so far is displaying the framerate.

However there is some good news, the Commo Rose asking for Supplies/Backup/Pickup etc is acheivable. You'lll be able to assign all those G keys to keypress macros for Commo Rose interaction thanks to DosX. First you'll need to reassign the numpad Commo Rose functionality by editing the controls.con.

The article is here ...

commo rose macro? .con file trigger to left mouse

and my use for it ended up in this thread ...

BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Hope that helps, I can verify that the Numpad/Commo Rose stuff works great!!

Comment

yep, I have one and love it. Although a few of the keys are wearing out (paint?) I called Logitech, and they are sending me a new one and dont even want the old one back (guess I get a kickass backup keyboard)

The LCD is the best, I have an applet that lets me monitor my CPU, GPU and Mobo temps as well as voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by Living Ghost
                    Head over to http://g15forums.com/ for tons of programs and applets for it, they even have a TS and BF2 applet!

LCDStudio is also useful for things like WinAMP, etc.
                    Thanks man! I never saw a BF2 applet till now . thanks alot, you just made my G15 worth the buy !

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_FU
                      yep, I have one and love it. Although a few of the keys are wearing out (paint?) I called Logitech, and they are sending me a new one and dont even want the old one back (guess I get a kickass backup keyboard)

The LCD is the best, I have an applet that lets me monitor my CPU, GPU and Mobo temps as well as voltages.
                      What app are you using? Been trying to find one to watch my GPU temps....

Comment

wow thanks for pointing this out Lanserschrek

Comment

i use the z board its way easy because i learned on it

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                            I've had the G15 myself since Xmas. I use a Nostromo N52 as my main controller for BF2 so I didn't even realise you couldn't use mouse click in macro's for the G15. The only macro I have for it so far is displaying the framerate.

However there is some good news, the Commo Rose asking for Supplies/Backup/Pickup etc is acheivable. You'lll be able to assign all those G keys to keypress macros for Commo Rose interaction thanks to DosX. First you'll need to reassign the numpad Commo Rose functionality by editing the controls.con.

The article is here ...

commo rose macro? .con file trigger to left mouse

and my use for it ended up in this thread ...

BF2 & VoiceBuddy3.0

Hope that helps, I can verify that the Numpad/Commo Rose stuff works great!!

I'm set up like Lansershrek too, with the nostromo and g15. Plus as he did, I've added Shoot for executing the macros via voice commands.
                            One of the best g-15 macros I love is the one that picks up a medic or support kit, throws out ammo or med-pak and then switches back to my original kit, all with one keypress.
                            I suppose the down side would be that if you go and play at someone elses place, you're screwed.
                            The applets for the g-15 lcd screen are nice, but honestly I rarely end up looking down at them.
                            All in all I would say if you like macros get one, as they're useful in a lot of applications and are application specific.

Comment

Originally posted by infectedsoldier
                              What app are you using? Been trying to find one to watch my GPU temps....
                              You need to run a program called 'speedfan' in the background

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

then run this applet called 'LCDspeedfan'

http://www.g15forums.com//index.php?...fileinfo&id=30

here is a photo of the LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X