Does this work? Name change idea??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this work? Name change idea??

I searched the forum and didn't find anything on this. I just went to the battlefield2.com website and logged in. If you go to "my account" you can click the "downloads Info" tab and there is a spot where it looks like you could edit your battlefield 2 nickname/account name. I'm almost scared to try it. Would this change your in-game name and keep all your stats and weapons? Is it finally possible?

Re: Does this work? Name change idea??

Just try it..

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles
      Just try it..
      I would but I have to work for 3 more hours..... I've been wanting to change my name for a long time and havn't been able to... I'm hoping one of you will try it and let me know. I'm either the hero who has finally found a way to do it or just the some loser with yet another idea that didn't work.

Comment

holy ****....i just logged in and went to download info and i think you can actually change your name!!. im not going to do it beacause i dont want to ruin my account but someone else try it!!

Comment

SEE.. thats what I'm talking about... I just don't want to try it either unless it's going to work.... and I'm still at work.

Comment

i decided to try it.....u enter watever u want....it says its changed but when you go on to nf2 nothing is different

Comment

Do it on a test account, I doubt it works seeing we would have known about it by now and dice would have said something in the interviews where the question was asked.

Comment

mmk so is this in game or what

Comment

lol, that isn't to actually change your ingame name, but rather to change the name of which person the downloads will be going to. For example, if you were to purchase Euro Forces, you would have to specify which account will be running the mod, otherwise any other account will simply tell you to install Euro Forces.

Comment

damn.

Comment

I just went to www.battlefield2.com and logged in (top right corner) then wernt to the acount info part and then the downloads info tab.. It says "edit BF2 nickname"

Originally posted by GameWizard
                      lol, that isn't to actually change your ingame name, but rather to change the name of which person the downloads will be going to. For example, if you were to purchase Euro Forces, you would have to specify which account will be running the mod, otherwise any other account will simply tell you to install Euro Forces.
                      Oh well... it was wortha try.. Too bad.. I get to keep my boring bf2 name even longer.

Comment

This is fun

Listen to GameWizard people. You only see the option if you've bought EF.

I wouldn't go changing it too often either

Comment

Working...
                        X