Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MOD idea for bf2 - broken arrow

BROKEN ARROW MOD

I have never made a MOD before and probably wont but I cant get this idea out of my head .

I have been thinking about building a MOD for a while now and have pretty much got the content and concept nailed down and wanted to see what you guys thought about my idea. All flamers welcome if the idea sucks please say so and if you like the idea and have suggestions please fill them in .

Broken arrow would take place on U.S. soil only . The U.S. would be defending themselves on all fronts from 4 differnt armies . The armies arent set in stone for the oposing force just preliminary ideas . U.S. forces would be a mix of soldiers and civilians ..right to bear arms and all .

WEST COAST - OPOSITION = FRANCE
    MAPS IDEAS = Oregon , Plush green landscapes w/ lots of forest activity .
    California , Fight for LAX or L.A. city , or a beach war or Camp pendelton in S.D.

SOUTHERN STATES - OPOSITION = CHINA
    MAP IDEAS = Arizona , battle for phoenix city w/ skyscrappers for sniping and include a ballpark or sports complex or just regular desert combat but thats been done .
    Texas , A battle that surrounds the alamo would be cool .
    Florida , Battle for Miami city , or an everglades map w/ swampy atmosphere .

EAST COAST - OPOSITION = N. KOREA
    MAP IDEAS = Pennsylvania , Colonial architecture as is now w/ some urban rural fighting more of infantry map .
    New York , Fights at the harbors including a way to flag the statue of liberty or maybee a subway / city map .
    Washinton D.C. , Battle would be centered around the white house and other landmarks .

Havent gotten to the North yet but im sure I would like to see a battle for Alaska as it is rich in oil ans would be a precious comodidity .

I know its too late for BF2 to start developing something like this but maybee for future projects or even a different game engine . What do you think ? Would you play it ? Does it sound fun or lame .

Thanks !

Re: New MOD idea for bf2 - broken arrow

Originally posted by BIGDOG
    BROKEN ARROW MOD

I have never made a MOD before and probably wont but I cant get this idea out of my head .

I have been thinking about building a MOD for a while now and have pretty much got the content and concept nailed down and wanted to see what you guys thought about my idea. All flamers welcome if the idea sucks please say so and if you like the idea and have suggestions please fill them in .

Broken arrow would take place on U.S. soil only . The U.S. would be defending themselves on all fronts from 4 differnt armies . The armies arent set in stone for the oposing force just preliminary ideas . U.S. forces would be a mix of soldiers and civilians ..right to bear arms and all .

WEST COAST - OPOSITION = FRANCE
    MAPS IDEAS = Oregon , Plush green landscapes w/ lots of forest activity .
    California , Fight for LAX or L.A. city , or a beach war or Camp pendelton in S.D.

SOUTHERN STATES - OPOSITION = CHINA
    MAP IDEAS = Arizona , battle for phoenix city w/ skyscrappers for sniping and include a ballpark or sports complex or just regular desert combat but thats been done .
    Texas , A battle that surrounds the alamo would be cool .
    Florida , Battle for Miami city , or an everglades map w/ swampy atmosphere .

EAST COAST - OPOSITION = N. KOREA
    MAP IDEAS = Pennsylvania , Colonial architecture as is now w/ some urban rural fighting more of infantry map .
    New York , Fights at the harbors including a way to flag the statue of liberty or maybee a subway / city map .
    Washinton D.C. , Battle would be centered around the white house and other landmarks .

Havent gotten to the North yet but im sure I would like to see a battle for Alaska as it is rich in oil ans would be a precious comodidity .

I know its too late for BF2 to start developing something like this but maybee for future projects or even a different game engine . What do you think ? Would you play it ? Does it sound fun or lame .

Thanks !
    intersting idea and you just made a lightbulb go off in my head...

How about US civil war

Senario: the golves have come off no more mr nice guy the liberals and conservatives have delcared war on each other and Various sections of the military have choosen sides.

battlegrounds:
    Hollywood:
    the liberals have set up a staunch defense complete with caches of previously illegal to own in Calif weapons while the USMC forces stationed in Calif are ready to attack and restore this succeeded city to the union
    Washington DC:
    All out warfare with no uncaps in the Capitol City as the Various politcal factions throw their assembled forces against each other to take the various DC landmarks
    NewYork City:
    building to building fighting by the 2 factional forces to regain control of the finacial district
    Middle America:
    Former peaceniks have thrown aside their flowers and picked up weapons to invade suburban America and conquer the rightwing forces gaurding the conservative heartland

Comment

For the West front you should replace France with China, then on the Southern front introduce the armies of South Amercia (from what I can see, they aren't very happy with the Americans right now)
      \
      I think this is a pretty damn cool idea, and I really hope this can make it to the light of day! Good idea

Comment

Why would France attack the west coast and Korea attack the east? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Personally, I like the civil war idea better. It sounds more plausible. I would even tweak it a little to be less about liberal versus conservative and more about rich versus poor. For the RTS geeks out there it would be similar to Starcraft with the protos having superior technology and the zerg have a massive advantage in numbers.

Comment

Well I dint study the demographics of who would or should attack where and how , that could all be moved . I am now thinking Russia from the North as they are soo close to Alaska !

Remember this is just in the infancy stage and hasnt even been put on paper yet , great sugesstions so far though and I really appreciate it !

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
            Why would France attack the west coast and Korea attack the east? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Personally, I like the civil war idea better. It sounds more plausible. I would even tweak it a little to be less about liberal versus conservative and more about rich versus poor. For the RTS geeks out there it would be similar to Starcraft with the protos having superior technology and the zerg have a massive advantage in numbers.
            france attacks the west coast cause thats where all our vineyards are...crippling our wine industry

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
              france attacks the west coast cause thats where all our vineyards are...crippling our wine industry

France attacks the west coast cause thats where San Francisco is !

Once they got there the white flag w/ a rainbow on it would pop up !

Comment

^^^ Touche

Comment

Make France Europe. Add russia and ally them with china, leave North Korea as is, and throw in the MEC as well .

Comment

Originally posted by Chowley
                    Make France Europe. Add russia and ally them with china, leave North Korea as is, and throw in the MEC as well .

EXCELLENT SUGGESTION'S . THANKS !

Comment

Working...
                    X