Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could I have been SOOOOOO STOOOPID???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could I have been SOOOOOO STOOOPID???

This isn't really a "rant" about the patch, EA, BF2 or anything like that. This is more a ran't about how stupid it was for me to try and "make better" something that wasn't really broken to begin with.

I WAS working fairly well after installing the incremental 1.22 patch but I was also getting the CTD more often (not too often but more often than before). So I decided to do a fresh re-install and use the big 1.22 patch so everything would be nice and clean under the covers. Big mistake.

I uninstalled
    cleaned the registry with a reg cleaner program
    manually searched the registry and cleaned it too
    re-installed vanilla
    -everything was great - played single player and it was fine

installed SF
    installed the BIG 1.22 patch
    - can't even get to the EA splash screen before it dies to the desktop :hmm:

went through the uninstall process again (reg cleaner, etc)
    installed vanilla
    - still can't even get to the EA splash screen before it dies to the desktop

went through the uninstall process again, AGAIN (reg cleaner, etc)
    installed vanilla AGAIN
    - still can't even get to the EA splash screen before it dies to the desktop :cry:

WIPED MY ENTIRE HARD DRIVE
    RE-INSTALLED THE ENTIRE OPERATING SYSTEM AND ALL DRIVERS
    re-installed vanilla
    - it's working again!

So tonight I'm going to try going through all the incremental patches to get back to 1.22.......

Re: How could I have been SOOOOOO STOOOPID???

use the 1.22 patch - Just re-download it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colinloves
      use the 1.22 patch - Just re-download it.
      Are you serious? The "big" one? That's what started this whole mess :laugh:

Comment

you spelt stupid wrong

Comment

That really sucks...hope you can get it to work

me personally...I would not have gone to that much trouble for this game...maybe a few months ago when I was still really into it but...nope, not anymore :\

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari

me personally...I would not have gone to that much trouble for this game...maybe a few months ago when I was still really into it but...nope, not anymore :\
            I think that you are, in fact, still really into BF2. And I mean really into it. I daresay that you are a prisoner of this game. That you think about it day and night, that you pine for it when it is unavailable and when it is available you caress it and nurture it and pray to it. You have squandered much in the name of this game and I have a message from the spirit: it is never to late to stop. Each of us has a mission and yours is to stop playing The Game. If you listen to your inner voice, it will tell you the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lil ronnie
              I think that you are, in fact, still really into BF2. And I mean really into it. I daresay that you are a prisoner of this game. That you think about it day and night, that you pine for it when it is unavailable and when it is available you caress it and nurture it and pray to it. You have squandered much in the name of this game and I have a message from the spirit: it is never to late to stop. Each of us has a mission and yours is to stop playing The Game. If you listen to your inner voice, it will tell you the same thing.
              Aw man...that was almost the most awesome post EVER except that you used the wrong word. It is never "too" late to stop is what you meant. Would have been great man...would have been great. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                Aw man...that was almost the most awesome post EVER except that you used the wrong word. It is never "too" late to stop is what you meant. Would have been great man...would have been great. :cry:
                damn....I'm an English major too, should have known better. Well you reach for the stars you might reach the moon, isn't that what they say?

Comment

Originally posted by ZackAttack2005
                  you spelt stupid wrong
                  you spelled 'spelled' wrong. Unless you were referring to the spelt wheat.
                  Lil ronnie, shouldnt it be not available instead of unavailable? Both are correct, just the former sounds better.

Comment

I had the same problem. I was getting some minor errors (couldn't host a server) but was still playing the game fine when I joined a different server. I re-installed and kept getting CTDs when I re-installed the patches and had to end up reinstalling the game 2 more times until it was playable again. Now the game I joined yesterday I just randomnly "lose my connection" when my ping is in the single digits. Well, was in the single digits before 1.22, now its in the 30s or 40s.

Comment

Damn thats alot of work to get the game to work, if you can get it to work after 1.22. good luck with it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by raceacontari

^^^

yep

Comment

Yeah, I was close to calling it quits but just the fact that I knew it was working before and should've been working after (but wasn't) was driving me nuts.

Comment

Working...
                          X