Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 1.2 Aircraft Guide

Ledge's Sexeh Guide to World of Whorecraft

This guide is wrote assuming you know how to fly an aircraft, know all the controls and a few basic manoeuvres.

Table of Contents (To easily skip to the section, press ctrl+f and type in the word in the square brackets)

[Basc] Basics
    [Mevr] Manoeuvring
    [Comt] Combat
    [PRCT] Practice
    [T&T] Tips & Tricks
    [Resr] Resources

First off, anyone is capable of being a pilot, EVERYONE. It doesn't mean when someone else gets it, you be a sore loser and run in
    front of their jet and punish them. Be fair and let them have it.

A jet is like treasure to some people, don't to expect a jet for you to use when you get in the server, people fight for it.

[Basc] Basics

These basics will teach you, well how to whore.
    • Go to where the aircraft spawns
    • Look at it
    • Hold "e"

You're aircraft has
    • Vulcans
    • Bombs (500 kg ones)
    • Air to air missles
    • A cool joystick in the cockpit

Vulcans will tear the living crap out of infantry and aircraft.
    Bombs will make areas of clustered infantry die and heavily damages armour.
    Air to air missles will home on aircraft (Yet I've killed infantry with these)
    You have 2 hud modes, air to air & air to ground. Air to air alerts other aircraft that they have a lock, so in some situations it's better to stay in air to ground.

[Mevr] Manoeuvring

This section will be a picture for you to look at, the possiblity of a menoeuvere is limitless, these will give you simple ones where you can expand. Other factors in a manoeuver are speed and the rudders.
    (Eg. You could out manoeuvere your opponent with a joystick by starting the loop at 90% speed and end it after burning at 100%)

[Comt] Combat

Killing things in a game is fun, is it not? Well it's quite fun in a jet. There are 2 main direction type of attack, leveled and diving.

Diving is coming from a high altitude at a steep angle, giving a lot more time to strike.

Leveled is coming towards a medium altitude and a steady attack, easier to accomplish but higher risk of getting killed.

Let's start of with the weapons.

Vulcans
    These things can decimate anything but armour. These things are very easy to use, use the aim & shoot method. Against aircraft use it slighty infront of it's path.

Bombs
    These things a kill reapers, simply drop one at a flag point and you'll get a few kills. There a few factors in bombing,
    The hud (In it which SPEED, ALTITUDE, BOMB GUIDE) will effect your bomb
    The timing (Do it just before your bomb guide line reaches your target)
    The amount of practice (Can't expect a perfect bomb first time you get in a jet can you?)

Air to Air Missles
    These things are only good for jets and aircraft that has not taken off yet. Due to the fact that jets can release flares every now and then, that is why it os good for jets. It is very hard to hit missles on helicopters because they produce flares quite fast.

Against jets
    Well a good strategy is to sneak up to him on a bombing run in *bomb* mode then switch to aa mode and wait for him to flare, then release a volley of 2-4 missles. (I found out that 50% missles always hit jets)

Against helicopters
    The best thing you can use against these are vulcans, and dumbfired missles.
    Dumbfiring a missle is shooting a missle without a lock, thus the missle has no real target. Dumbfiring a missle hits at a close range 100%.

The missles come from the side of your wing, so if you flew at a blackhawk. You went up close with your right wing near it. You fire your missles (say maybe left side releases, then right side) one is bound to hit it.

[PRCT] Practice

I found this practice routine which for a beginner is really helpful.
    • Go to the multiplayer tab in the Battlefield 2 menu
    • Click create local
    • Choose the maps you want (Wake Island 2007 & Kubra Dam are good)
    • Start with flying, get used to using the throttle heaps
    • Move on to air manoeuveres
    • Continue with playing with the throttle and flying under bridges and stuff etc.
    • Find the enemy airfield and practice going on accurate vulcan runs on the spawned aircraft
    • Followed by timing your bombs on the spawned aircraft
    • If you practice this for a little bit, you'll improve heaps when you first start

[T&T] Tips & Tricks
    • Release you flares while you're upside down, this makes the flares last longer
    • Release flares when doing an evassive manoeuvere
    • Don't rely on flares
    • Think smart, be safe
    • Don't let greed take you down (Eg. A newly spawned jet and you ram into it)
    • Act when hearing a missle tone
    • PRACTICE
    • Purchase a joystick
    • Have fun

[Resr] Resources

I found this guy to be perfect learning material.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=planewhore

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLc6UZIDFio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7K_5716MTs

That's all I can think of at the moment, thanks for reading my guide

Re: Post 1.2 Aircraft Guide

Pretty good guide.

For the Cobra or Blackhawk I suppose, what is the best way to strafe sideways while leaning diagonally?

Comment

Hey LeDgE, thanks for the submission, I just realized your on my Xfire maybe I'll drop a line sometime, keep up the good work!

Comment

You're an idiot. A2A missiles only good against aircraft that are taking off? You suck that much? The HUD will affect my bomb? The HUD is the display which indicates your speed and altitude. If helicopters are hard for you to take down, please uninstall Battlefield 2 from your computer right now. "Stand where the aircraft spawns. Look at it. Hold E." If the aircraft hasn't spawned yet, what am I supposed to be looking at?

Retards these days.

Comment

Is it possible to bomb a helicopter in the air? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marveric
            Is it possible to bomb a helicopter in the air? Lol
            Yes iv seen this done on Dalian Plant while the Blackhawk was about halfway across the sea heading to the island it got bomb in mid air, no fluke by nobodyhasthisnameyet

Comment

He is trying to help, and have you contributed something of this. This is ment to help newer players or those looking for more general knowledge, cause thats what good players do, they soak up all info and tactics and use them to their benefit. Thats what seperates good players from bad players, and I dont think LeDgE is half bad, http://bf2s.com/player/Ledgie%5E/ Perhaps we could see your stats then eh?

It's the R3tards that come and insult people that are trying to help that hurt these forums...please don't insult my friend.

<Edit> If MisterBubbles is your BF2 name you have NO room to instult others, I looked at your stats and had a good laugh that you could insult a player such as LeDgE...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles
                You're an idiot. A2A missiles only good against aircraft that are taking off? You suck that much? The HUD will affect my bomb? The HUD is the display which indicates your speed and altitude. If helicopters are hard for you to take down, please uninstall Battlefield 2 from your computer right now. "Stand where the aircraft spawns. Look at it. Hold E." If the aircraft hasn't spawned yet, what am I supposed to be looking at?

Retards these days.
                It's you critising forum trolls that are idiots, I wrote this guide to help my friend out and the people who read it. Why not flame my time and effort to help people eh?

Comment

Working...
                X