Awesome......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome......

I had to use a catching title for others to read this. I am not a type of player that aims for awards and badges, but in the begining they just came, more in the begining, but now I am running out of ribbions to recieve.

I did not think I would ever get the legion of merit due to the high team work pt. I meet all other three requirments of time but not the 50 pts. I'be even been on Karkand high pts server, a super high pt server and I did not get it, so no big deal.

I was on the oilfield map(If you want a fierce battle there and some high pts for kills and pts for defending, stay at the factory) staying at the factory for defense as a spec op, since no else was there and as China, the USMC had only one flag.

They also come in with a tank, whether they use one at the factory or one of their own, it's always a tank. Well, I hid under those balconies with steps(I always thought you had so low crawl to move around:laugh: , boy was I wrong) and waited for the tank to come in and place my 2 c-4 on it and run behind the red canisters and boom, killed so and so and defended a flag. This happen at least three times.

Well, after all that fun, I decieded to go to the only flag left with the buggy I found. No one was there. Comander put UAV and it was clear. So I neutralized it and left the immediate are, since I figured they would be comming back with a helo or arty, but nothing happen. So I went back to finish the job and boom, the LEGION of MERIT(I hope that is how you spell it). That was cool, and I had enough time to go to the USMC base and blow up their ARTY for 52 teamwork pts.

Each map has a heated battle pt, but the oldfields is the factory so some reason(it might be because it is nearest the USMC base).

Feel free to share, flame or whatever.........I am on BF2 vacation after our clan match today

I guess this should have been the Wars tales....oops

Anyone else get an award at the close of a round. It's a rush

anyway this can moved to war tales?

Re: Awesome......

Originally posted by ace4u
    Anyone else get an award at the close of a round. It's a rush
    That's how it was w/ my Expert Assault. My friend was flying the bomber on Kubra and I was running the missiles. We were up against some GOOD pilots. It was in question if we'd get it, but with about 20 tickets left, I got it!! I was soooo relieved! Because he was letting me get the kills, I ended up w/ #1 and he got #2. He only bombed when I was reloading, missed, or if there were additional targets. Good kill assists from him as well!

Comment

I got my Valorous Unit ribbon by flying the chopper and having my gunner whore the hell out of a point on Wake. I wasn't even trying to get it and I did, that's the best way to get awards.

Comment

Thats similar to how I got my Aerial Combat Ribbon. I wasn't really "trying" to get it as such, I was just playing.

I had 17 kills at the end of the game, which I didnt think was too bad (considering I'm a pretty crap pilot) and noticed the game was about to end. So, for the hell of it, decided to plow into the side of a blackhawk.

Not only did this kill 2 people, thus taking the US tickets to 0, but it also gave me the kills 2 extra kills for the Ribbon...so the game ended the exact same time I received it....interesting, no?

Comment

i was going for my basic pistol, on oman, and every where i went i was constantly getting killed by tanks, apcs, or jets

anways i managed to get up 6 kills with the pistol, and they were down to 1 ticket left and low & behold, i find someone trying to sneak into my airfield, and the instant i kill him to get my badge the round ends, i got to see a flash of the badge, if i wouldnt have been paying attention i wouldve never seen it

man vet pistol was alot easier, cause i knew the maps better and i knew better spots
          the silenced pistol is awesome, they cant ever tell where its coming from even 10 feet away

Comment

I got mine being a medic whore on Karkand.. Easy.

Comment

I got vet support on Kark, by killing a guy, while I had one bar of health and there was only one ticket left (my team had two MEC had one) , and I was capping a flag, drawing attention to myself.

Comment

Working...
              X