Vanilla Attack Copter = MUCH faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Attack Copter = MUCH faster?

I was doing a fresh install last night and just for the heck of it I decided to play a singleplayer round before any installing any patches at all.

MAN! The attack helo at the Dalian Plant was a lot faster and "twitchy-er" than I when I was playing with all the patches from the previous install. I could hit a top airspeed in vanilla of around 420 vs. 350 for post patch play.

Now I did have some joystick issues before the fresh install. Occasionally I would run into the situation where BF2 would not recognize any input from the joystick. I would quit the game, verify the game controller settings in windows, restart BF2 and everything would be fine again.

So I was just wondering, do any of the patches nerf the Attack Helo's handling? (or is it a joystick issue?)

Re: Vanilla Attack Copter = MUCH faster?

It wouldn't be a joystick issue unless it wasn't detecting your throttle as well which then would drop it like a rock, because remember the pitch of your helicopter means speed, throttle means altitude, but too much pitch will make you go down into the ground.. So if you were at the maximum angle of where you could effectively keep your speed up and not nose-dive into the ground and were at 450kts, then they definately must have nerfed it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles
      It wouldn't be a joystick issue unless it wasn't detecting your throttle as well which then would drop it like a rock, because remember the pitch of your helicopter means speed, throttle means altitude, but too much pitch will make you go down into the ground.. So if you were at the maximum angle of where you could effectively keep your speed up and not nose-dive into the ground and were at 450kts, then they definately must have nerfed it somewhere.

Yeah, when my joystick was "working" (post-patches) the throttle display would indicate a range from 0-100% in accordance with the postion of the throttle on the joystick so I assume it was getting full input (but you never know).

On the vanilla, I was cruising around at 420-450kts without losing altitude.

Comment

They changed the handling of the Tiger attack chopper - I don't know which army that is but knowing DICE and EA they could have inadvertently adjusted them all...

Comment

Sorry, I guess it would have been helpful to specify which helo I was in....

I was flying around in the "AH-1Z" Cobra (U.S.) and I'm pretty sure that with patch 1.21 I couldn't maintain a speed of more than 350?

Comment

Hey what is this Vanilla thing??

Comment

Originally posted by md_adli
              Hey what is this Vanilla thing??
              Unmodified BF2 (non-SF)

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                Unmodified BF2 (non-SF)

Yep. I think it's a "software development community" type of term but it just refers to the original code release version with no patches, updates, mods or additions to the software of any kind.

(and it ran pretty smooth too )

Comment

Working...
                X