Commander bug in 1.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander bug in 1.22

I posted this in the EA forums but thought you might be interested?

I was playing Kubra Dam last night as Commander and I think there is a new bug in 1.22.
    I was on the US side and we won the game. I had about 99 points. I waited for the finale music which played and then started again but only played about 1 sec of it. The scoreboard then came up which showed me as winning but having 398 points. Which is 99X2 for winning and then X2 again (score are approx as they are from memory). Amazed I started commenting to my friend on teamspeak but as I spoke, before my eyes my score changed to 795! This is 398X2 again! The screenshot from www.bf2s.com shows my best round score to prove this.
    Even more bizarrely when I went into BF2 HQ I discovered that my global score had increased by some 1400 points and I had only played one round that night!
    As I write this it is around 10 hours later and the score still shows.
    It’s nice to have the score but this really needs looking at. There is no way you can get 795 points in a round surely….

Re: Commander bug in 1.22

omg thats.....cool....but also stupid. you got luckey there, but it is a bug that needs to be fixed. good you reported it.

Comment

I'm concerned that I may have my stats reset because going up some 1400 points in one round must look suspicious....

Comment

Hmmm...it might be unique to that map. I've commanded quite a few rounds since the 1.22 patch...on Dragon Valley, Songhua Stalemate, Gulf of Oman, Mashtuur City, Dalian Plant & Wake Island that come to mind (winning at least one round on each) and I never got more than the 2X bonus. Have not CO'd on Kubra Dam since the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by badanaesthetic
          I'm concerned that I may have my stats reset because going up some 1400 points in one round must look suspicious....
          You would be best off to go to the BF2 Ranked Servers site and let them know what happened so you don't get reset.

Comment

Thats happened to a few people in the past, usually multiplies their score far more times though. I think the last time i read about it the person got it sorted by EA support amazingly.

Comment

someones best round score is 35000!!!!! Thats gotta be a glitch like this

Comment

Thats why i like playing on our server, i know the main admins and i think we had it set to max score of 500, just incase the bug happends?

bf2 scorelimit 500

Comment

It seems more widespread now. Some people have worked out how to exploit it sadly.

Comment

Working...
                  X