Two new things happened today while sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new things happened today while sniping

Well, one... I've been sniping for awhile...but today...it seems that bullet travel is very much noticable. I sniped long distance for awhile. Fired, nothing, then 2 seconds later it hits for the kill. I wasn't lagging or anything. Is this new? or did I just never notice it before?

and two....got my first pilot kill as a sniper. Got him just as he was taking off. Bam!

Re: Two new things happened today while sniping

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
    Well, one... I've been sniping for awhile...but today...it seems that bullet travel is very much noticable. I sniped long distance for awhile. Fired, nothing, then 2 seconds later it hits for the kill. I wasn't lagging or anything. Is this new? or did I just never notice it before?
    No, I've been noticing this lately as well. I was just on Wake with a ping of easily 40, sniped a guy, nothing, and then a second later it said I got the kill. I have no idea.

Comment

bullet time travel has been in bf2 for a while...try shooting a copter far away and hold down the trigger and u can see how long it takes to hit the target..adn while we're on this subject...if u watch that m95 video from a while ago..theres like no bullet travel time in it..its like shoot and kill...

Comment

Do you mean this one? http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62&q=%3DSfJ%3D

Comment

Yea, i have noticed it aswell. It takes like three seconds before it says i got the kill.

Comment

The game engine simply cannot efficiently handle the whole client and server thing. Synchronization is NOT a strong point of BF2. While you don't appear to be lagging, have a great ping, and decent FPS, what you're actually seeing may or may NOT be what the server or other people see, to a degree that's terribly unacceptable for an online game. I understand that there is SOME delay (unless someone here has perfected a method to construct computers based on quantum entanglement. If you have, e-mail me with plans and I'll steal the credit and nobel prize ^^) but when you can shoot at someone, they run around a corner, and a couple seconds later they die, all without the game visibly jerking or lagging, you know there is a problem. This could also be a root problem of "missiles going through tanks", or "missiles disappearing". The server might not even see that you fired the thing, or maybe it just didn't tell another client, and you got killed by an invisible missile? Who knows, because apparently EA doesn't either.

Comment

I know all of that...but I have never experienced the fire and no hit till 2-3 seconds later until this latest patch.

It's like FIRE...wait....wait....HIT.

Just popping in real quick. I played in another map....but a very outdoor one. It's the one where there are two powerplant type things. Crane on beach..... and U.S. carrier out in bay. China starts at an airfield.

I sniped from a beach spawn all the way to the roof between the western and southern flag. That's a far snipe!. I shot.....4 seconds later, it registered the hit.

So...the farther I am from my target, the hit detection delay is increased. Perhaps latest patch added noticable bullet travel time without mentioning it?

Comment

I haven't noticed it unless it's a 1.22 thing. I haven't played the new patch yet. This game does have terrible synchronization. Nothing I hate more than unloading a clip into someone and seeing about 10 hits register and he lives, turns around and kills me with one shot.

One thing that bothers me is that it seems people with high pings get favored. Like if I shoot at someone with a high ping, my bullets won't register right and I'll end up being dead when it should be the other way around.

Comment

yea...latley it has been happen

Comment

Working...
                  X