Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to be kidding.....what have they done to the AT kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to be kidding.....what have they done to the AT kit?

I will try and keep this short, simple and too the point.
    Before Bf2 started getting "patched" the AT kit was perfect (other than the odd rocket going through a buggie).
    Every patch (it seems) has added a new bug to the AT kit.
    30% of every time i shoot an AT rocket it either
    A- goes right through the object (regardless if its a tank, Apc, buggy, heli or jeep)
    B- gives the animation of the anti-tank rocket firing but doesn't actually fire.
    C- my rocket fires and I get the animation of me reloading continuously untill i change my weapon.
    The kicker was that last patch (1.22), now when i use the DAO-12 and have to reload it only reloads 3 bullets (sometimes the full clip reloads and sometimes only 3 shots reload)
    I know using the AT Kit is not a big thing for most of you out there in the BF2 community but for those of you who do use it exclusively (like myself) what kind of bull$hit is this?
    SOMEONE FIX THE AT KIT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's (in my opinion) almost unusable........

Re: You have to be kidding.....what have they done to the AT kit?

Yeah the AT rocket hit detection seems even worse now in 1.22.

Comment

yea ive noticed it still goes through buggies somtimes and also that somtimes its unguidable, goes straight through the floor

Comment

What have they done since 1.0?

- added the P90 as a tier 2 unlock, and improved it's ROF
        - increased accuracy of SMG's
        - increased AT effectivness against choppers
        - increased the velocity of AT rounds
        - decreased the controlability of AT rounds

The ghost projectiles and reload bugs you speak of affect every aspect of the game and aren't exclusive to the AT kit. In my opinion these two bugs do greatly affect the the usability of the AT kit though.

Comment

Yes, tank and APC rounds also sometimes go right through all manner of vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
            What have they done since 1.0?

- added the P90 as a tier 2 unlock, and improved it's ROF
            - increased accuracy of SMG's
            - increased AT effectivness against choppers
            - increased the velocity of AT rounds
            - decreased the controlability of AT rounds

The ghost projectiles and reload bugs you speak of affect every aspect of the game and aren't exclusive to the AT kit. In my opinion these two bugs do greatly affect the the usability of the AT kit though.
            Youre right it's not limited to the AT rockets, it's just a lot more noticable when you have a pickup truck bearing down on you and you hold, aim, and fire right on target only to have it slide/disappear into the front grill doing no damage. *splat*

:cry:

Comment

I was much worse when 1.2 originally came out. Now with 1.22, I played A-T for 3 hours last night, and had only one A-T missile go through an APC. I found with 1.2, that the server did matter how much it occurred. Make sure you are on a low ping, not completely full server and see how it goes.

Comment

Having AT rockets go through anything defeats the whole purpose of the kit PERIOD
                The kit is majorly screwed up much worse than any other kit. Plain and Simple.
                The P-90 could very well be the worst unlock by far in BF2.
                And the DAO-12 seems nerfed compared to how it was 2 or three patches ago.
                I play on a regular server constantly and never had any of these problems before the game started getting patched. This is not a ping issue.......

Comment

Originally posted by DAWDAM
                  Having AT rockets go through anything defeats the whole purpose of the kit PERIOD
                  The kit is majorly screwed up much worse than any other kit. Plain and Simple.
                  The P-90 could very well be the worst unlock by far in BF2.
                  And the DAO-12 seems nerfed compared to how it was 2 or three patches ago.
                  I play on a regular server constantly and never had any of these problems before the game started getting patched. This is not a ping issue.......
                  No you think... But can be a ping related issue becuase maybe your connections says you hit it but it gets messed up with the server therefore not counting the hit. Happens in alot of games. Especiallly DOD:S due to the fact that you can see the blood on their head after you hit them and they dont die.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtus2
                    No you think... But can be a ping related issue becuase maybe your connections says you hit it but it gets messed up with the server therefore not counting the hit. Happens in alot of games. Especiallly DOD:S due to the fact that you can see the blood on their head after you hit them and they dont die.
                    doubt its ping related - it happened to me once in SP

Comment

Gah, just ignore him... he is just ****ed that he cannot whore anymore with his rockets shooting at people, "aka n00b missile"

get over it.

Comment

It's tough to find a netcode balance between client and server. I remember back in the old CS if someone with high ping was shooting you as you started to hide behind a wall you would get pulled back out into the open as the server says, "Hey wait, this guy's client is telling me you're still out in the open and he's shooting you so he must be right!"

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                          It's tough to find a netcode balance between client and server. I remember back in the old CS if someone with high ping was shooting you as you started to hide behind a wall you would get pulled back out into the open as the server says, "Hey wait, this guy's client is telling me you're still out in the open and he's shooting you so he must be right!"

Haha, I'll remember that, very funny and true because I experienced it.

Comment

Originally posted by simio1337
                            Gah, just ignore him... he is just ****ed that he cannot whore anymore with his rockets shooting at people, "aka n00b missile"

get over it.
                            The missiles have no problem hitting soldiers. If anything it's easier now. It's just ridiculous that a solidly placed rocket can go straight through an enemy vehicle.

Comment

All the ghost missles are not hit detection, but a miscommunication between server and client. If you wanna be sure that youre firing a rocket, just double click, and the second one will be real.

Comment

Working...
                              X