X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Explosives

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum.

How do you get the veteran explosives badge? I play on ranked servers and have had 23 or more kills with clamores, c4, and mines about 10 different times but for some reason I can't seem to get the badge.

Also I am having the same trouble with sniper. Is sniper 15 kills with the sniper gun or can it be a combination of sniper gun, grenades, clamores, pistols and knife?

Yesterday I had 39 kills IAR with c4, mines and clamores but didn't receive anything.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Veteran Explosives

You may be missing the amount of hours involved for the badge.

The amount of kills for a class can be in a tank, pistol or whatever, even artillary(which I do not understand that, I think that may have been a bug). I was on Wake as a commander as a sniper and during the round I snipe the enemy and I recieved my sniper badge(the first guy I killed in the round), but if you count the ARTY, then not so.

I'll check a place and post exactly what it is.

Ok here is a site with my stats that should help.

http://www.formitron.com/Stats.aspx?pid=61598980

Comment

do u have 15 hrs play time as sniper. also can u post a link to ur stats so we can see if u meet the requirments. also are u sure it was a ranked server. also do u have the 50 kills req for the vet explosive badge

yes arty counts toward kills so say ur a commander and are a sniper and kill 15 people with arty then u will get the badge.

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

I have 14 hours as a sniper so that explains why I havent received Veteran sniper. In response to the question if I have more than 50 kills with explosives, I checked and have over 400. Does having team kills prevent you from getting this badge?

Also I just realized I dont have my veteran engineer. I have the hours and kills IAR.

Comment

Having the same problem as you. I meet all the requirements for the vet explosive badge according to BF2S.com but still no badge. I have achieved IAR about 7 times.

I think it is a new bug.

Comment

Speaking of bugs for awards. Has anyone recieved more than one purple heart in BF2? I recieved about 3 or 4 now, but it is not showing up as recieved them. I do not really care, but what is the deal with that?

Comment

i recieved my veterans explosive by c4ing my jeep on karkand watching the minimap and driving into crowds of enemy and exploding myself sometime getting as many as 6 kills in one shot...i havent been able to get expert yet thats a lot of kills... but i have read once that recently a fellow was having a problem so he got an addition kill with a claymore and pop it seemed to activate him getting credit, like there was a bug that wouldn't do it on one type of explosive, not sure though I recieved the award before any patches came out. hope this helps

Comment

The requirements for the Veteran Engineer Badge are:

Basic Engineer Badge
                15 hours as Engineer
                10 repair points IAR

the 10 Repair points IAR must be achieved AFTER the other criteria are met. If you get 10 Repair points with 14 hours and 45 minutes as engineer, you will not recieve the Veteran Badge........get the 15 hours first, then get your 10 Repair points IAR and you should recieve the badge.

Comment

once u have the time req u have to go into the round and get the req kills. i have not had a prob getting the badges.

Comment

Purple hearts you get them everytime you have 5 kills and 20 deaths IAR.

I just got my third Good Conduct Medal.

It was a free for all for Veteran and Expert after the 1.21 patch and before the hotfix that dropped max claymores to two...thats when I got mine =)

Comment

Thanks for your help guys.

I upgraded to 1.22 and all of a sudden I'm getting these badges. For some reason I wasnt getting anything with 1.21.

I just received today my veterans explosive and engineer combat.

Comment

The purple heart is the worst thing you can get in the game. It is an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
                          Speaking of bugs for awards. Has anyone recieved more than one purple heart in BF2? I recieved about 3 or 4 now, but it is not showing up as recieved them. I do not really care, but what is the deal with that?
                          Yeah, while going for my knife badge, I got another. Nothing is showing up though...maybe they don't want us to feel so bad for getting it more than once...LOL :laugh:

On the other topic, I too got enough kills last night to get Vet for both Engineer and Sniper...but haven't got them yet...

Oh well...guess I just have to do it again :cry:

Comment

Working...
                          X