unlocks in single player!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlocks in single player!!

this isnt as simple as it was in previous patches but its still very easy, i dont know why i havent seen anyone else post this yet

open up the objects_client.zip file (i use winrar)
    extract your kits folder to anywhere youd like
    once you have that you'll have to open up each kit file (assualt, medic, etc)
    one inside you'll see your kit layout saying what each kit carries
    look for where it says the name of the rifle the kit has and replace it with the rifle that you want to use
    then put and replace the old files inside the zip

you can use any weapon you choose, including weapons from the EF pack
    now you can not use some of the weapons that are in xpacks as they are not listed in the object_server.zip weapons folder (scar-h, etc)

if you dont know what the name of the rifle is that you want to use, just look towards the bottom of the file and you can find all the unlockable weapon names there

now i dont have these files with me so if someone could post the info i described for me, that would just be swell

Re: unlocks in single player!!

This is old it have been discussed like a 1-2 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by xxCaptainBlackxx
      This is old it have been discussed like a 1-2 months ago.
      eh yea? i read that with the 1.12, you could simply change a number for the unlock tier at the bottom, but then they fixed it in 1.2

i wasnt aware that anyone else had found a way to unlock weapons after 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy
        eh yea? i read that with the 1.12, you could simply change a number for the unlock tier at the bottom, but then they fixed it in 1.2

i wasnt aware that anyone else had found a way to unlock weapons after 1.2
        AFAIK that still works in 1.2. The only tweak was that to get the SF unlocks you needed to modify both of the unlockLevel lines in the kit. You may be thinking of the change from 1.00 to 1.01 that broke the unlocks.py unlocking mod. And there was a mod released immediately after 1.2 that mods the kits as you describe to give the US all the EU weapons and the other two armies each one of the tiers of unlocks for testing: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56694 . (The previous unlock mods were never updated to allow for the SF unlocks.)

EDIT: just tested the unlockLevel method and it still works in 1.22.

Comment

You can open up a big can of worms if you arnt careful doing this... watch out for a "modified content" warning.

Comment

I can't even edit the thing... meh

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
              You can open up a big can of worms if you arnt careful doing this... watch out for a "modified content" warning.
              Yes, you either need to make a backup of your original file and restore it before going online or set it up as a separate mod (or just download the existing weapontest mod and modify that).

Originally posted by Marveric
              I can't even edit the thing... meh
              All it requires is a decent unzip program (I wouldn't use the built-in XP zip support myself) and notepad or wordpad. You may also need to clear the "read-only" flag on the kit files before you can save them. I use the free programs 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) and IZArc (http://www.izarc.org) for unzipping.

Comment

Working...
              X