Patch 1.22 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.22 Problem

After installing patch 1.22, everytime i try to load BF2 and log in, but it does not log me in and i get a message that says 'Failure to connect' even though my internet is connected. I have reinstalled the game. What can I do?

Re: Patch 1.22 Problem

why do people always do the drastic thing first?
    you should have checked your firewall, your router, your connection before wasting time like that

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
      you should have checked your firewall, your router, your connection before wasting time like that
      jeez, so you're a brain surgeon and pc wizard boffin nerd head, not everybody is, some folks just game on these things, not live their sad little lives playing with ram and teeny tiny screws. the dude is asking for help ffs, not a lesson in twatism from u. now go away and look up the word smacktard

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
        Read through the support and hardware forums and you'll find that drastic measures are the rule around here. There are people who have reformatted to solve problems rather than spending a little time troubleshooting.

Off my soapbox and to the original problem. The problem described in this thread definitely sounds like a firewall issue. Firewalls like Zone Alarm or the Windows firewall often are sensitive to the version number of an executable that tries to access the network. You can either add exceptions to the firewall to allow BF unfettered access or shut off the firewall completely (my approach).

Originally posted by LasVegas
        jeez, so you're a brain surgeon and pc wizard boffin nerd head, not everybody is, some folks just game on these things, not live their sad little lives playing with ram and teeny tiny screws.
        People that use PC's for games should develop at least a minimum level of troubleshooting proficiency. If they don't have the time or inclination then they should buy an XBox or other console. Then you don't have to troubleshoot anything beyond "is the disc dirty or scratched".

I'm not saying that everyone needs to operate at the level of a computer scientist, but have you seen some of the advice given in these forums? Count the number of times that a person has suggested a reinstall or reformat to solve a problem. That is just bad advice.

Comment

Originally posted by LasVegas
          jeez, so you're a brain surgeon and pc wizard boffin nerd head, not everybody is, some folks just game on these things, not live their sad little lives playing with ram and teeny tiny screws. the dude is asking for help ffs, not a lesson in twatism from u. now go away and look up the word smacktard
          so you have to be a brain surgeon now to change the oil in your car instead of buying a new one :laugh:
          i did give him advice and damn good advice
          you?

Comment

its not the firewall...i've had the same issues, its whenever you d/l the patches...it did it for 1.21, and now for 1.22...now instead of telling us how we should be better computer experts, why dont you help us fix teh problem...

Comment

Originally posted by kenshin
              its not the firewall...i've had the same issues, its whenever you d/l the patches...it did it for 1.21, and now for 1.22...now instead of telling us how we should be better computer experts, why dont you help us fix teh problem...

Heard that...and thank you...

Should remind one that even if you graduate as a doctor...the last in line and lowest in GPA...is still called a doctor...lol

Now....advice, ....anyone....anyone....??

Comment

Originally posted by cheesewz
                People that use PC's for games should develop at least a minimum level of troubleshooting proficiency. If they don't have the time or inclination then they should buy an XBox or other console.I'm not saying that everyone needs to operate at the level of a computer scientist, but have you seen some of the advice given in these forums? Count the number of times that a person has suggested a reinstall or reformat to solve a problem. That is just bad advice.
                or, just pay someone to come over and sort it out, its why u work, to have money to spend on things u no longer have to do yourself. oh, i just realised, more than half you slayers have no income, ah well, student loans can have another use then, not just for beer

Comment

Working...
                X