Problems connecting to EuroForce Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems connecting to EuroForce Servers

Basically i just got special forces, Installed battlefield 2 and Special Forces, First of all i patched them both with Battlefield 2 v1.21 ( Full ) patch, Then i put the Battlefield 2 v1.21 - 1.22 Patch on, This lets me connect to Battlefield 2 and Special Forces servers, however when i try conecting to euroforces servers it says ' This server does not alow players with Modified versions of battlefield 2 to connect ' I have taken a screen shot of the error message i got below. ( I downloaded all of my patches over xfire )

I hope someone out there can help me! Thanks!

Re: Problems connecting to EuroForce Servers

Same problem here, but I can get on vanilla BF2 servers.
    Hope they get this one sorted out soon.

Comment

Its ok i got it sorted now. This is what i did.

1.) Install bf2
      2.) Install bf2: Special Forces
      3.) Apply bf2_patch_1.21
      4.) Install EuroForces again via EA Downloader
      5.) Apply BF2IncrementalPatch1.21-1.22

And all works, Now i can connect to EuroForces, Special Forces and standard bf2 servers. I wish EA would release some kinda of handbook for this kinda thing, but meh i gues its teh price we pay for such a complicated game.

Hope the above helps you m8! ^^

Comment

that's the solution - the new patch has to be applied after Euroforces has been installed

Comment

can i just apply patch again after install of ef? i was able to play 1 time then i cant find anymore servers.

Comment

I guess but reinstall bf2 isnt any hasstle and it wil save u havin to do it agen incase it didnt work. This took me all day to figure out, trial and error unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by tynub
              can i just apply patch again after install of ef? i was able to play 1 time then i cant find anymore servers.
              Just apply the full 1.22 patch after EF.

You can install it as many times as you want, but the most I have seen needed was twice. On that one occasion, the antivirus was messing with the update. Disabled the active scanning during the update and the "unmodified content" error went away.

Comment

ok its up n running thx for all the help ppl!

Comment

I had the same problem and thanks to this forum I dl'ed and installed the full 1.22 patch after installing Euro Forces and it worked. Really ticks me off that there is nothing on the EA site advising people what to do.

Comment

So to get all 3 games to work I need to unistall all 3 games, then re-install the games, then apply the 1.22 patch full?

Comment

the only way i got it to work was
                      install bf2
                      install sf
                      install 1.21 patch
                      install ef
                      install 1.21-1.22 incremental patch

Comment

Originally posted by 69stang
                        So to get all 3 games to work I need to unistall all 3 games, then re-install the games, then apply the 1.22 patch full?
                        Did you do the incremental patch at all yet? 1.21 - 1.22 ?

If you haven't tried that, do that before you go uninstalling things.

Comment

I would just try installing the full 1.22 patch over again. It does not matter if you had previously installed the full or incremental patches...just do the full and test it out.

You should not need to uninstall and reinstall everything unless you manually editted the client files.

So before uninstalling and reinstalling...just apply the 1.22 full patch, reboot (important sometimes), and try joining a game. Make sure your antivirus is not active during the install as some of them do cause patch problems.

Comment

See I'm having a completely different problem...

I can run BF2 and SF, and I can load servers running Tabitha Quarry. But the second my system tries to run any other EU map... It drops to the browser and tells me I need to go buy EU. Which I did.

I wasn't having this problem before I formatted my system and was forced to re-install EVERYTHING... now it is occuring.... And pi$$ing me the hell off.

Comment

Dwarfvader , i've got the exact same problem.
                              I was playing EF this morning when i all of the sudden got disconnected by Punkbuster ( because of a High Ping) . I thought it would be allright but when i tried to start EF again it said i hadn't bought the game yet . I tried to get into the EA Downloader but it didnt work , says i cant connect to the server . And by the way : i NEVER got kicked for a High Ping before this happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X