i have the editor and i have made terrain

but i cant give it and colour/texture

how do i do it

is there a tutorial for it in English

thanks

Re: editor problems

rapfa,
    on the top left side, you can choose 'Terrain editor'
    when you have that click on the paint brush, and now u will get more options.
    Take a look at your 'resources bar' on the left side.
    There you should see a folder named LAYERS under the 'ground properties' category.
    open up the folder, and you will see 'Layer_1' 'layer_2' until layer_6
    choose a layer, and now more options will apear in the tweaker bar.
    you will see several places which you can set up. first click on the empty space next to 'Color Texture' and a small window will pop up where you can choose the terrain color.
    next is 'detail texture' which sets the detail type.
    and at last see the 'Material' part where you can set up what type of sounds you whant for that terrain when u walk or drive on it.

when all this is done, take a look at the right side where you can set up ur brush. set the size and strength, and then scroll down until u see a category named 'TEXTURE' look carefully until you see 'Paint Mode'
    there are 3 options. Detail, Color, Both.
    choose BOTH and you are ready to paint
    hope this helped, if not then tell me and ill try to dig up a tutorial for u... its somewhere on my comp i know for sure..

Comment

that helped a lot

only that when i have set it up then i cant paint

i get no colour i have tried with strength at 0 to 100
      brush size 0 to 100

what should i do

if it isn't that much trobule can u dig up the tutorial for the maping thanks

Comment

oh i forgot to tell u that u must switch to 'detail Texture mode' under the render option- its on the very top.
        ( brush strenght 100 is the strongest, so use that..)
        ok, here is the tutorial

its actually on this website

Comment

thanks

but i can only see what i ahve done when i have saved the map

any settings i can change?

Comment

There, I found it. Why couldn't you?

Comment

i didn't think it was downloadedble like that

thanks anymay

but1 thing i didn't find in th tutorials is how to add trees and stuff like that

anychance of someone telling me?

thanks

i cant find anything about trees and water and that kind of thing

any help

also how can i load an existing map

i allways get the messag that the map can not be found

Comment

ok adding trees...
                there are two ways to add trees.

1.) go into 'level editor', and find the folder named 'vegetation' in the resources window.
                open it up, and u will see a few choices- choose which ever u like, and place it on the map the same way you did with objects. this is easy if u have already know how to place objects on the map- but it does take a lot of time if u want many trees...

2.) go into 'terrain editor' and choose the over growth button near the paintbrush. This will be a bit longer to set up, but at the same time u can place more trees than draging them over manually.
                once u have selected the overgrowth brush a new category should appear in your resources window which is called: Overgrowth Properties ( its on the bottom of the list)
                a folder named 'material' is under this category. Right click on it and press 'Add material...'
                in the new window type in a name, and press a color. ( the colors dont have to do anything with how the trees look like so dont worry )
                a new icon will be in ur material folder- now right click on that and press 'add type'--- type in a name again and another icon will appear under this icon. ( are u still with me? ) select this new icon, and look at ur tweaker bar-
                u can set up the tree type- and most of it is self explanotary.
                as u are a beginer only change the Geometry, and Density if u like.
                once all this is done. set up ur brush size and strength and u are ready to paint trees at large areas.
                I hope i wasnt too confusing, if u have more questions just ask
                Enjoy, and good luck with modding

Comment

i think i got that

but what about the water

and where do i find the ground to air missiels for heli's and tanks/veiculs

thanks again
                  i am making a map

how do i edit an existing map ex. one i have downloaded

please answer in 1 post thanks

Comment

Lol, water is fairly simple.

In the tweaker tab, click on your map name. Then click water settings, and then set it to 25. See if that's how high you want your water to be, and if it isn't mess around with the number until you get it to where you want it.

Hmm, do you mean the anti-air and anti-tank systems that you can get into and fire in BF2 ? If you mean that, you need to set up a control point first, and then right click the ground (with level editor selected) and click Create Object Spawner. Then browse through the menu till' you find what you need!

Comment

thanks

i will try that
                      is there any may of setting water at different heigth in different places

ex. a water fall or dam

what setting do i need the graphics on to get the maps to work
                      bf2 carshes 1/2 way through the loading

how do i edit an existing map ex. one i have downloaded

Comment

Working...
                      X