Couldn't heal myself in plane after 1.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't heal myself in plane after 1.22

If I am going to be a pilot, I will be a medic since I can heal myself and earn myself sometime when flying out of the border.
    But after this patch....it no longer works ...:cry:

Re: Couldn't heal myself in plane after 1.22

When going out of bounds, you loose health faster than you gain, therefore only buying you a tiny amount of time. Also, I believe you have to fly way off the map to go out of bounds as jets are exempt from the red area.

Comment

Originally posted by Enz0
      When going out of bounds, you loose health faster than you gain, therefore only buying you a tiny amount of time. Also, I believe you have to fly way off the map to go out of bounds as jets are exempt from the red area.
      Agree wholeheartily with that. The gain is too minimal to be of any use.

Comment

Youre better off being engineer to heal the damage points if you're a pilot.

Comment

The benifit of flying as a medic is that you can heal yourself for the damage you take and be healthy to fly out a bit next time, where as another class, you can only extend your flight once or twice before you are low on health. I would much rather see medics flying than snipers, at least they can revive each other when they get bombed and artied waiting for planes and help recover some tickets.

And you can't repair or resupply yourself in plane(or any vehicle), but it is possible to resupple and repair you friendlies if you fly close by.

Comment

the best reason for being a medic as a pilot is it gives you a heads up on enemys that might be trying to take a flag. if you notice a teamate dead at a flag where no one else is around, theres a good chance enemys are there... *bombs away* !
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

^^Good point, I forgot about that. Helps because even when dead, friendlies show up on the radar until their 15 second revive opening goes down. As another class you can see blue dots on the radar and avoid a bombing run, when in fact, they could all be dead and you just missed an opportunity to clear out enemies reinstating their flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                Youre better off being engineer to heal the damage points if you're a pilot.
                That's impossible unless you know how to climb out of the cockpit mid-flight and repair your plane.

Comment

lol, sorry, i have a strict no-pilot policy, so I wasn't aware of that. I gun only on copters, never fly jets, and only gun on the copter if a squad mate is flying in support of an attack.

Comment

That's impossible unless you know how to climb out of the cockpit mid-flight and repair your plane.
                    um - i do it all the time

you land - you can even land in the red area - get out, start fixing while the guy yells at you, and get back in before the "hand of god" starts killin you. If your plane was smokin REAL bad you'd lose a bar of health before the fixin is complete - but what's one bar when your in a jet?

to the original poster:

I mean i know its possible to lose health in a jet (splash and such), but what are you doing to CONSTANTLY worry about your man-health while your in a jet?

Do you fly with loose razor-blades in the cockpit?

Comment

They were refering to repairing in air, not landing and getting out your wrench...

Comment

That would make some awesome videos though. J-10 surfing, yeehaw.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                          um - i do it all the time

you land - you can even land in the red area - get out, start fixing while the guy yells at you, and get back in before the "hand of god" starts killin you. If your plane was smokin REAL bad you'd lose a bar of health before the fixin is complete - but what's one bar when your in a jet?

On most maps where there is an airfield in the red area, the airstrip inside the red area is just as close, there's no real point. Also, 8/10 with low armor on a jet you're going to attract enemies real quick so landing isn't a great priority.

A good tip, and easier, is just to bail out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                            lol, sorry, i have a strict no-pilot policy, so I wasn't aware of that. I gun only on copters, never fly jets, and only gun on the copter if a squad mate is flying in support of an attack.
                            Same, however they have as much right to play as we do, but, I believe that aircraft needs to stay within the confines of the map. So if they were to set the punish time to two seconds versus what they have now it would keep them in bounds, thus making it more fair.

I expect the jarheads here to say "noooooooooooo", well relax, it hasn't happened yet but it would make for a fair map.

Comment

I total disagree. The guy is just right. I saved myself tons of time when going out of bounds. 20 times for sure. When you value your KDR it makes a difference (I only dies about 300 times playing more then 130 hours in the jet, so 20 is almost 10%...).
                              10% is a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X