Funny new(?) bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny new(?) bug

Wonder if it happened to anyone else: I died from Mi28 cannon and when I respawned at Club House 15 secs later I saw the same Mi28 cannon explosions around me. I thought the nice heli pilot is spawn camping but no, there was no chopper around there. Said explosions did not kill me, too - it looked like they got somewhat 'queued' for displaying and got rendered only once i respawned. A while later I died from small arms fire and when I respawned at Club House I heard shooting. But again, noone there. Happened three times during one round. X-Fi audio/ATI gfx/A64. New bug or I am just starting seeing things? :-)

cheers,
    Ognacy

Re: Funny new(?) bug

I've gotten that with the death scream. I'll die without making a sound and when I respawn my guy yells "AAAAAHHHHH!". I've also had other people respawn near me, yelling from their previous deaths.

Comment

well i noticed a bug also (this maybe old but a 1st for me)

a squad of 6 including me are at the far base on karkand 3 of us at i think.anyway apc pops up killing 2 of the squad i got lucky and fired my rocket and got the kill for the apc,

so i walk up near the smoking wreak and pick up the kit from the driver (support) threw a few ammo packs out.then 2 team m8 walk past the wreck and it blows up(like it does) and killed both team m8's im like wtf?? and the squad m8's punish me????

im like all i did was pick up his kit,yet the game gave me the impression i was somehow conected to the apc whitch i blew up?

very odd indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
        I've gotten that with the death scream. I'll die without making a sound and when I respawn my guy yells "AAAAAHHHHH!". I've also had other people respawn near me, yelling from their previous deaths.
        Those are hilarious, or sometimes when you get in a tank after dying in one the tank will shake like it's just been hit.

Comment

Damn I love that it is funny as hell....Plus sometimes when it's late at night I have my headset on and when I least expect it..."Ahhhhhhhhhhhrrrghhhhh!!!"
          scares the crap outta me...LMAO!

Comment

if you browse where bf2 is installed, all the 15 or so dying sounds are there, my favorite is # 8...i think you have to extract some of the zip files to find them, but some of them are quite large....

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

extract the zip file called common_client.zip (make sure you extract to a new folder for easy deletion)

takes a minute, then open it up go to sound

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client\Sound\Die

they're all there

Comment

Originally posted by [AE]LoneWolf
              if you browse where bf2 is installed, all the 15 or so dying sounds are there, my favorite is # 8...i think you have to extract some of the zip files to find them, but some of them are quite large....

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

extract the zip file called common_client.zip (make sure you extract to a new folder for easy deletion)

takes a minute, then open it up go to sound

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client\Sound\Die

they're all there
              Heh heh, is it the one that goes: "... Ow." ?

I wonder if we can add our own death-noises...

Comment

lol would be cool

Comment

that happens to me all the time now. i thought that it was cause i spawned right next to a teammate just as he was dying, so i would freak out and jump around looking for the enemy LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
                    Heh heh, is it the one that goes: "... Ow." ?

I wonder if we can add our own death-noises...
                    no not the 6 ows, the 15 dies, lol if someone read that they would be confused...if i had the time, i would make my movie with these sounds...

my idea is a single spec ops guy (US of course), and his platoon gets knocked out, and theres a mole, so he has to be super sneaky navy seals style, then he finds out the CHINESE are working with MEC (dont know how to put all three teams on one map tho), so he has to stop them, and its all done tastefully w/o any hardcore rock, but kinda rambo/splinter cell/metal gear solid style...but first i have to finish college and get a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i like the movie idea. im planning on making a combat movie soon, but for some reason all the servers i have played on lately wont give me the battlerecorder files

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
                        i like the movie idea. im planning on making a combat movie soon, but for some reason all the servers i have played on lately wont give me the battlerecorder files
                        I have the same problem, I can't get Battlerecorder files from anywhere.

Comment

yah, same here, but i've been working on this program i call bf2 pupeteer, its preety bad, but it works well! (oxymoron's at thier finest), i'm trying to take just charachter models and move them on my one, like MEC guy walking with his hands behind his back discussing business with chinese guy. Its hard, but i'm suprised what you can move, like fingers, and arms, i'm even trying to master the slapping face technique, like in vanilla's intro movie...

it doesnt require a server or other players, or bots, you move the characters one at a time, and piece it together....

if theres a better program out there LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

PM ME

Comment

*hijacks thread*

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                              well i noticed a bug also (this maybe old but a 1st for me)

a squad of 6 including me are at the far base on karkand 3 of us at i think.anyway apc pops up killing 2 of the squad i got lucky and fired my rocket and got the kill for the apc,

so i walk up near the smoking wreak and pick up the kit from the driver (support) threw a few ammo packs out.then 2 team m8 walk past the wreck and it blows up(like it does) and killed both team m8's im like wtf?? and the squad m8's punish me????

im like all i did was pick up his kit,yet the game gave me the impression i was somehow conected to the apc whitch i blew up?

very odd indeed.
                              Since you were responsible for blowing up the APC and making into a wreak and your stupid teammates ran to close to the exploding wreakage and so you get the TK's for it.....stupid i know but thats bf2's TK system for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X