CTD after clicking connect to or create server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD after clicking connect to or create server

I did a fresh install 3 times now, patched it with a full 1.21 patch, fresh video drivers and I still get this same glaring error, deleted my config files in my documents and have even went as far as reformatting my PC now.

I go to click connect to server or create server, it says joining or creating and then it changes resoultion and goes straight back to desktop, this is in both MP and SP.

With a clean computer and install of the game, updated drivers and the works I am at a loss of what to do here.

My PC specs

ATI Radeon 8500 128mb version
    1gb RAM
    AMD Athlon XP 2100+

Re: CTD after clicking connect to or create server

slow internet connection possibly?

Comment

I don't think that would result in a crash to desktop on multiplayer AND singleplayer

Comment

hmm...good point...in that case, i got nothin sorry

Comment

I am having this problem too. Is this a punkbuster issue? I use a fake CD image to play. But this hasn't been an issue before. Only after I reformated my comp. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
          P.S. Single player works fine.

EDIT: Ok I fixed my prob. I think it was a registry issue. My BF2 install was from a different OS install and therefore there were no correlating registry entries. So I reinstalled which took only a few secs since it skipped all the files that were alreay there (all of them). Didn't even need to patch. Once I did that I got an "Invalid CD Key" error. I used the EA fix and now I can connect.

Hope this helps.

Comment

unfortunatly not

as stated single player doesn't work for me either and I get no error message so I dunno what it's problem is

Comment

Moderator this post should be moved to patch 1.22 CTD/Restart/freeze thead.

Comment

um, I'd understand if I posted this after you did but this was posted before hand, I'll copy what I said into your post tho

Comment

Working...
                X