WIP:XM-8 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP:XM-8 Carbine

just sarting this on maya need some help but it looks box way to me i have tryed to soften/harden BUT that just over kills it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v201/s...-8_carbine.jpg

Re: WIP:XM-8 Carbine

Try to do a chamfer on the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
      Try to do a chamfer on the edges.
      What he means is use the Bevel tool on the edges, use 1 or 2 sections to allow decent smoothing.

Comment

thanks for reply did try that i think it worked better for the back now just going to try to export it . may take some time for me to post a update of it when its all done as i have not make a gun before and export it to bf2 .could someone post screen pic of there outliner so i know what i am doing thanks

Comment

Looking good man,

Comment

I'd hit it

Comment

Wow, I would love to have that as an unlock...(drools)

Comment

thanks for the reply's i have done a bit off a update to the back off it

Comment

Great, I was gonna say use smoothing groups at the first pic, but you done nicely. Expet, yeah, chamfer (double edge) the edges, it looks unnatural.
                  Maybe the partition of detail isnt so good though, those riples at the heat guard could be saved and added at the main part of the gun.

Comment

Hmm...doesn't really look like an XM-8, looks more like a G36 family gun when you look at the front, needs the curvy thing, aswll as...well many other things...
                    Did you go wrong on reference?
                    XM-8:

Comment

The model is actually an XM8, however it's an earlier version of the gun:

Comment

Overcloud the parts that i have added was just for me i was not going to keep it as it has 190 tries so i was just going to try do a bump map to that .
                        PBAsydney your pic is from the heckler and koch / alliant techsystems XM-8 made in germany

this is the pic i have been useing i have not been useing it 100% as i dont like some of the gun
                        thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X