map loading problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map loading problem

I've been having some trouble for the last few weeks concerning map loading. I can load onto any map fine. However, everytime it reloads a map or changes map it says something like "You have lost connection to the server". If I try to rejoin the server it will basically tell me the server is not there anymore. It will show up as red in my favorites list. If I restart BF2 I have the same trouble. To solve the problem, I have to restart my computer. Last night I reinstalled my game, cleared my registry of BF2, and deleted all profiles. However, I'm having the same problem again today. Anyone know what to do?

bump.....

Re: map loading problem

As odd as it may sound, I suspect a networking issue. If you have a router, try rebooting the router or updating the firmware. Reboot your modem. Reinstall the drivers for your NIC or Ethernet chip as well as your motherboard chipset drivers.

Comment

Re: map loading problem

well I just figured out that the problem is my firewall. I use Norton Internet Security and have never had this problem in the past. After a map change if firewall is enabled I lose connection and the server shows up with a 2500 ping which means I can't join. But if I alt tab out and enable it, the server shows a normal ping and I can join again.

Bf2 is permitted to do everything in my firewall options and I've never had this problem in the past. Any ideas how to fix this or what it could be. I like to have my firewall enabled when I play.

Comment

Working...
      X