Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up Zalman 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Zalman 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones...

I just bought the Zalman RS6F+M and I noticed the headphones are great, I haven't got to experience the surround sound yet, my BF2 crahes when I change the audio to X-FI. Anyway. I was wondering why also, when I plug in the microphone, and I can even have the volume for it turned to off, I cannot configure it to record my voice. Is there a certain way to tweak it into accepting your voice. It sounds like I'm putting it on my chest and it's recording my heartbeat. It just sounds like a repeating sound that increases louder then levels out and just loops. Anyone got any suggestions on how to setup the combo to have the 5.1 Surround sound and also the microphone?

Re: Setting up Zalman 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones...

Firstly do you have an X-Fi sound card?

I have the medusa 5.1 headset with the X-Fi Fatality FPS edition, and this is how I have my sound set up:

In control pannel go to sounds and audio devices/ audio / sound playback. Go to volume and mute the mic (so you dont have to listen to your own voice), then go to advanced and set it to 5.1. Any creative software should also be configured to 5.1.

Then go to sound recording volume, make sure the mic is activated and hit advanced to see if the mic boost is on.

Start menu/ programs/ accessories/ entertainment/ sound recorder should allow you to record your own voice.

If you have just bought an X-FI card you will need to totally re-install bf2 to get it to work.

Hope this helps

Comment

You don't need to reinstall BF2 if you get a new X-Fi card, you just have to update your drivers with the ones on Creative's website.

This sounds like the exact problem that every X-Fi user has, and it is always solved by updating the sound drivers.

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...20&Image4.y=13

Comment

Fixed it, put it in the right port.

Comment

Working...
        X