Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless D-Link routers losing connection? this might help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless D-Link routers losing connection? this might help.

After trying everything I read here I was still losing connection. So I started searching further and trying new things. It was especially ****ing me off because even when I hard wired into my D-Link di-524, I still lost connection.

So, these may help the ppl who are still having connection problems.

First go to http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks and run the tweak tester.

I did it and it told me to download this little program and change my TCP recieve window. It will tell you how of you have to do it.

Senond and this is more for the D-Link'ers, but might help some others.

Try doing this that I found on D-Links web site. SO far I havent had a lost connection to server, but its only been a few hours.

Hope it helps!!!!

Re: Wireless D-Link routers losing connection? this might help.

I made a thread explaining how to do this by simply disabling a few settings in windows. Everybody chose to ignore it and not try it because they said "Oh it possibly couldn't be that". Oh well.

Comment

Re: Wireless D-Link routers losing connection? this might help.

Originally posted by slip777
      I made a thread explaining how to do this by simply disabling a few settings in windows. Everybody chose to ignore it and not try it because they said "Oh it possibly couldn't be that". Oh well.
      Boo hoo, did you ever think that ppl tried it and it didnt work for them??

I know it didnt work for me.

Originally posted by slip777
      Well, after trying what I mentioned above, I havent lost connection once to a server. Played a couple hours last night and about 5 today and no problems so far. Hopefully it keeps up!!

Hope it works for anyone else having problems.

Comment

Working...
      X