unmodified content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unmodified content?

when i go to play SF the map will load up and when i click join it says : server only allows players with unmodified content to join. revert your version of BF2 to the current official version to join. the version it says im running is : 1.1.2716 - 548.0 i also reinstalled my BF2 patch 1.21, why wont it let me play SF??

Re: unmodified content?

yea im having the same problem, no idea what it is. someone please help

Comment

this happened to me a long time before, I just installed the 1.12 patch and it worked...

course that was before, now 1.21 is out... dunno...

Comment

running vanilla version of BF2(not mods or nothing)

Comment

same here :S o_O

Comment

Originally posted by BrickTamblin
            when i go to play SF the map will load up and when i click join it says : server only allows players with unmodified content to join. revert your version of BF2 to the current official version to join. the version it says im running is : 1.1.2716 - 548.0 i also reinstalled my BF2 patch 1.21, why wont it let me play SF??
            oh, mabye i should read better...when you install Bf2:sf its reverts you back to patch 1.1, just re-install 1.21 full. and it should work.

Comment

Alright, i had this problem too, but not anymore. just reinstall 1.2, 1.21 and it should work fine.

Comment

Try checking the box that says "same version" or something to that extent. I got more multiplay maps when I did the patches

Comment

A full install. BF > SF > patch 1.22 full

There other possable ways to solve the problem, but they are alot more long winded than a simple uninstall/install.

<---has the unmodified content t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by BrickTamblin
                    1.1.2716 - 548.0
                    that version is the 1.21 patch.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I hate this problem, makes you reinstall bf2 twice.

Comment

I had same problem, fixed it by down loading the patch via upgrade in the menu that comes up when you pop in your disk. I down loaded first time from some other site it didnt work. good luck.

Comment

i had this while playing BF2 after i tryed to put 32 player bots in singlepalyer even after i deleted it it still said it. just reinistall unless its Sf then yeah when you install it patches to 1.1 even if you ahve teh 1.21

Comment

Originally posted by simio1337
                            I hate this problem, makes you reinstall bf2 twice.
                            Actually, all I had to do was reinstall the full 1.22 patch. I initially used just the incremental. Why reinstall everything if you dont have to?

Comment

Originally posted by Cap`N Hagen
                              Actually, all I had to do was reinstall the full 1.22 patch. I initially used just the incremental. Why reinstall everything if you dont have to?

Unfortunately its the only way to fail-safe restore the game.

My friend just downloaded the patch 1.22 through EA downloader. He used a current version of Mozilla in downloading the patch. When he installed the full version of 1.22(around 360MB?), there was some sort of problem. This was a for sure copy of 1.22, it seemed to install flawlessly, then he opened BF2 and all the servers were red, and his version number was still as 1.12.

As far as i have seen other people are having wierd errors as well. I am unsure of the cause but i used the same methods as my friend and my game has had no problems(knocks on wood).

So what he did was go to like filecloud or whatever and DL'd the file from there, re-installed BF2, and the full patch and he is all good. I suppose you could chalk it up to some type of hiccup?

Comment

Working...
                              X