AT mines killing friendlies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT mines killing friendlies?

I dunno if this happens to anyone else. But I'd say a good 20% of the time my AT mines TK. It's usually on myself, but it's kind of strange. For instance, one time i ran up to a tank and tossed an AT mine underneath. I then saw an attach chopper coming in so i hopped in it real quick and took it out. I then backed up over the mine, at this point it didn't blow up, but it blew up right when i exited the tank. Another time i tossed a mine underneath an APC, my friend got in it, shot some guy, got out. then i got in it and it blew up.

Re: AT mines killing friendlies?

sometimes ff is off for mines only

but if you stop a speeding tank on a freindly mine - the mine will blow as the tank slows down because there are no freindlies in it.

Comment

As with so many other things, DICE obviously fecked the AT / Clay no-tk system.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        sometimes ff is off for mines only

but if you stop a speeding tank on a freindly mine - the mine will blow as the tank slows down because there are no freindlies in it.
        Well I've had friendly mines kill me and not kill me in the same round. I've also gotten into vehicles w/ friendly mines on them and it's blown up instantly. I'm jut assuming it's an intermittent bug.

Comment

This is kinda off topic but...

I put C4 over a vodnik with the intention of jihading a tank. But then this stupid teammate jumps in and drives off... stupid f**ker. And then he gets blown up by teh tank, and I get charged with a TK... WTF??????

Comment

this has been happening to me as well, lately. Its almost like the BF2's net code is slowly eroding....is this even possible?
            ANyhow, yes, the last i'd say 2 days, i've noticed this. BIG FRIENDLY CROSS AND SKULL......drive over it, and boom, i die. And yes, i know the server had FF off. So that wasnt' it.
            On a side note........i play ENGY alot.......and whenever i see enemy mines......i'll throw one of mine in the mix.
            Works nicely.

Comment

If someone takes my jeep right after I put C4 on it I just blow them up right away since I'll likely end up getting a teamkill from it anyway and, hey, they stole my jeep!

Comment

But why do I get charged with a TK when they get blown up by an enemy tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Marveric
                  But why do I get charged with a TK when they get blown up by an enemy tank?
                  Maybe if they jump out when the jeep is on fire and it blows up. The C4 does more damage to them than the jeep does so it thinks you killed them.

Comment

An easy test.

Get a friendly to lay down an AT mine, drive your HMMVW over it and stop, you don't die. But then switch to the gunner position or any other seat, it then blows up and your team mate will be charged with a teamkill.

I have seen this happen too many times so maybe this is what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X