Ati Radeon 9800 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati Radeon 9800 pro

as you probably guessed i have this card and currently can't play bf2 on the high graphics settings even though i have 1gn memory and amd athlon processor. I wonder, from other ati radeon 9800 owners, of what there setting are and what the maximum settings you have. Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Re: Ati Radeon 9800 pro

Heres my upgrade list, 9800 pro to x800xl changed me from all low to some high and medium, with no changes in hardware but video card, the 9800 pro is a very old card.

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46454

My setup, when I had 9800Pro. Look in the thread, and find what you need. The search button is a nice tool, right?

Post #9 was the video settings

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
        http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46454

My setup, when I had 9800Pro. Look in the thread, and find what you need. The search button is a nice tool, right?

Post #9 was the video settings
        Ph1l that looks like all low.

Comment

It was all medium, and high texture

Comment

9800 pro is a good card and I had one for a long time, although it really is starting to show it's age now.
            I recommend:

Texture Filtering/Geometry @ high
            Texture/terrain/effects and lighting @ medium.
            Dynamic lighting/dynamic shadows @ low
            Anti aliasing @ off
            View distance @ 100%

Comment

I use this card, ill list my settings for optimal perfromance and gaming advantage.

With this card there is no way you should set your video settings on high. My guess is you must expereince severe game lag, especially in high action areas. Graphic memory is seperate from system memory, and it really does not matter what is in you system when you use a video card (those only affect each other substantially in intagrated graphics).

Undoubtly lower your settings, comprimise on what you think is neccessary for game, and what you like.

My settings:

1024 x 768 @ 75Hz (you can probably go higher with refresh if using CRT, but i wouldnt go higher with Res)
              Custom settings:
              Medium
              Medium
              High
              Medium
              Low
              Low
              Medium
              Off
              Low
              100%

Cannot remember what the names are for each of these, but ill tell you a few things.

1. ) Geometry and view distance scale set to high, allows you to see things appear on the horizon earlier.

2.) For most settings there are little noticible differences between high and medium settings, but a noticible difference in Medium and low. Reccomend Mediums.

3.) Some lighting effects when set to low allow you to see the enemy better when they are hiding (in the shadows).

Of course settings should be put according to your taste, i hate using the low res setting so to employ a higher res setting I set some settings to low to offset video memory and GPU usage.

Finally, i will repeat myself although the Radeon 9800pro has been a great card, the technology is moving extremely fast in the GPU arena. BF2 demands high end cards to play since it was designed for systems just coming out and future components. The 9800pro is starting to become a lower card on the totem pole, there is no way high settings will be handled by this card.

Comment

well, so many 'experts', clearly have alot of basic problems! heres how it is: I have a 9700 pro, 1 down from yours, and i have 2gb ram, an athlon 64/3700 procssr, an ASUS K8NE Deluxe motherboard, all my bf2 settings are on med, i run it at 1024x768, i play european and usa servers, no lag, no problems, i have the view distance up to 97%, i have a 2mb line. i seem to get great screenies, alot of my friends say how much clearer and brighter my screenies are than theirs. i even juiced it all up to 'high' settings to take a look, it ran great on 32 player servers, tho it did get a little 'choppy' on a 64, so its sat back on med. hope that helps m8. as for the above post saying no way a 9800 can handle high, maybe not in your lil system 'razorblazer', but mine does it all on a lower card, so stfu, u clearly know nothing

Comment

Excuse me mr. las vagas,

But before you say others have problems maybe you should fix your signature.

Vagas: The origional post was asking for others with 9800pro, and you state you have a 9700.

Anyways that is not what i intended to post just an observation

Originally posted by LasVegas
                  i even juiced it all up to 'high' settings to take a look, it ran great on 32 player servers, tho it did get a little 'choppy' on a 64, so its sat back on med.
                  In addressing this quote the difference between 32 player and 64 players is more dependant on you internet than your system, or more specifically in this case graphics card. Unless all 64 gamers are on your screen.

I am guessing this is how "Action" was interpreted in my previous post. What i mean by action is places on maps where graphics rendering is high (ie. inside stairs of TV tower on Shaquari Peninsula during a firefight)

Originally posted by LasVegas
                  but mine does it all on a lower card
                  I am not really sure what you mean here. You stated that it can do it all, but you set your graphics back on med. Not to mention that you stated that it appears choppy too. This is a contradiction to being able to do it all.

Comment

get a grip u lady, if u can't extrapilate, don't cut the post to threads, i guess i was right tho. go read a book ffs, if u can't help dont, clearly you cannot. ps, re my sig, if you don't know why the last indices are missing, then s.u. once again, lack of knowledge does not make you big, or clever, maybe when you have ran the game more than 4 times you could comment, lol. please don't bite, its tedious

Comment

Las Vagas im done with you.

As for Viru$ who started this post, if you want some reccomendations and clarification from a trusted, and reputable source go here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Although this page does not give specifics for settings on the 9800 it will give general reccomendations and explain what different settings change. Page 5 of the guide talks about video settings, i suggest reading the whole thing. Each system is different, you have to set it up so it works best for you.

Comment

rofl, w/e u say kid

Comment

yep, thanks for all the help, ill take a wee look at that tweak guide and... take on board what all your setting are so i can get the best graphics possible without the 'graphics lag' and the blue screen, thanks|!

Comment

Well for now im using a Sapphire Radeon 9600 SE 128MB DDR ...(non-pro)
                            i took pics for people who wanna see what BF2 would look like with a Radeon 9600 - 9800 card....these pics were taken with a Sapphire Radeon 9600 SE 128MB DDr card at all Med settings with 2xAA,16xAF .....by the way with these settings i play BF2 with no slow downs.. so a 9800 pro with med settings and 4xAA, 16xAA would play feairlly well..with no slow downs..because i play BF2 with all high settings 2xAA,16xAF at 800x600 and it plays quick w/out slowings at all with my radeon 9800 pro and my specs....even with shadows and lighting high.. well heres the link to the pics..plus i took the pics with fraps

Comment

Working...
                            X