Single Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Player

Is it worth buying a bran new pc to buy and play BF2 in single player only?

Re: Single Player

If you can buy a pc to play singleplayer why not go online.

Comment

Only if you are able to download some of the single player mods

Comment

dont play bf2 just for single player... buy a other game instead....my opinion

Comment

the reason is, I have 1200 to buy a new pc, my old one broke 2 weeks ago so im on a real old one. I have only dial up available here and on a thread someone mentioned singleplayer.

Would u think 1200 on a new pc is worth it to play BF2 singleplayer or just be bored for like 6 months and buy a new pc then and hope dsl is out here.

I can download stuff elsewhere like school or work for BF2 though.

Comment

Your best bet is to call a removalist, pack up all of your belongings and move to a place within range of broadband services.

Comment

Do not Buy new PC if you want to Play Single Player!!!!

Comment

ahaha i wish, im not 18 yet so I have no chance of living where I want. My Mom won't move. I declared no broadband, no school.... but that didnt work too good. :P Plus once i graduate im hitting bootcamp straight to the Marines. so once i graduate ill have no time for games.

hmm ok, just its hella boring with no pc that can play a game. >.<

Comment

Ahh, I see! Well, I guess the argument could be made that it's still worth buying a new PC, even without the on-line experience of BF2. Obviously single-player, in and of itself, is nothing compared to on-line gameplay. There's fun to be had, sure, but it's really nowhere near as enjoyable.

Perhaps you could buy the new PC and use BF2 for creating your own single-player mods or for the fun of making movies. When I originally bought BF2, it was my intention to use it mainly for making videos via the BF Recorder. Having the on-line gaming experience was a great bonus ... although I've probably spent 10 times as many hours playing the game as I've spent creating videos.

Ultimately, even without broadband, a good quality computer will enable you to do all kinds of interesting things with BF2 and so long as you're making the most of your imagination, you'll find it just about impossible to suffer from boredom.

Comment

don't Marines get free time on weekends or something?!

Comment

;/ i pretty much just like guns and shooting people, im a gun fanatic, and anything militaristic.

I thinkn it might just be better to wait till late spring or beggining of summer to see if I hear anything about broadband coming out here. Most likely not. And if it does then, i could buy an even better pc for cheaper than what I could now. But if broadband doesnt this summer, Ill most likely consider my dads an option to move to, though he also would have to move somewhere where broadband is available. So damn, im screwed either way. >.<

Anyone got a shed in there back yard? Just drag out an extention cord and gemme some connection so I can play. Ill pay rent! 50 bucks a month sound good? >.<

Comment

Working...
                      X