Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you die in mulitplayer Call of Duty 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you die in mulitplayer Call of Duty 2...

There's a really cool feature that lets you see from the perspective of the guy that shot you. So say you run around a corner into a guy who then unloads a G3 into your face. He kills you. Then whilst waiting to respawn you're shown the moment, from the guy with the G3's perspective, that you run around the corner and get shot. It probably sounds more confusing than it actually is. Anyway, it's a really nice feature because:

A) Sometimes it's confusing as to how you actually die in BF2.
    B) You don't have to spend the time waiting to respawn staring at the sky.

I'd love to see something like this implemented in a BF2 game.

All in favour.....etc

Re: When you die in mulitplayer Call of Duty 2...

KILLCAM......yeah its cool, great way to spot a cheat as well.

Comment

Too many people crying cheater / criticising otehr people's playing style

Comment

killcam is for noobs.

with that feature these is no stealth at ALL. i mean we already have a commander who can allways see you. and if you have a killcam aswell there is no way to use stealth.

killcam sux for the snipers aswell.

Comment

The original BF 1942 had, although many servers turned it off. It would slew to who/what killed you. If they were close enough, you could see where they were hiding, thereby eliminating your hiding spot. If you were far away, it would only point in the direction you were.

Comment

That's true, snipers would suffer massively from it.

But it doesn't have anything to do with stealth for the other kits. If you walk round a corner and get shot by a guy standing there. He's not gonna still be there 15 seconds later....

Unless your a sniper, it's not giving your position away really because you're constantly on the move in this game.

Comment

And so how would one get around the issue of snipers locations being revealed??

Comment

Originally posted by mikelar10
                But it doesn't have anything to do with stealth for the other kits.
                well, im mostly support...so im "camping" at a good spot to give supressing fire to my mates. so ill probably stay on 1 spot for a long time. so ill suffer from it 2.

Comment

Id love to see killcam in the game. However I do realize that will take away from a lot of the stealth. Maybe put it in for planes since once you get killed they will fly off somewhere else and are not really hidden. Ive been killed by BS aviators and would like to see exactly what they saw at that time.

Comment

If I'm the guy with the g3 I don't WANT you to know where I shot you from. You do get to respawn you know. I don't want to reveal my position. Therefore I am actually barring this feature from ever bein implemented in BF2. I'm sorry but sometimes I have to make tough calls.

Comment

Ya I think they should add a replay while your dead. Make the 15 seconds more bearable. Also I imagine its rather easy for cheaters to get away with it in this game, anti cheat programs are always behind cheats, the only way to catch them is watching players.

Comment

I don't like the idea. I support it for close maps like most of COD2 is and for one life games like Counter Strike, but in BF2 a lot can depend onbeing somewhere where they badguys don't expect you to be.

Besides people would just spawn as sniper and kill you if they could see where you were hiding.

Most of the time when someone kills you in BF2 you are face to face with them anyway.

KBK

Comment

You can already see who killed you on most servers, just by pressing the space bar and flying in the direction of the killer. You can get there name, location, and class by just hovering around them while waiting to respawn.

Comment

Really? Something new every day.

Comment

the killcam in cod is nice for spotting cheaters/exploiters, but i prefer it off. if i'm a sniper in a great spot to pick people off, i don't want them to be able to where i'm at just because i killed them.

Comment

Working...
                              X