question about my system and bf2 need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about my system and bf2 need help

well actually its not my computer but my brothers. well hes running an old system an epox 8kha+. amd athlon 2.0ghz 768MB 2700 speed ram. he was running a geforce fx 5600 and he only could run the game all on low at 800 by 600 and his frames ranged from 20-45 avg of 30-35 FPS. I got him a PNY 6600gt he installed it in his comp his MB is only 4x combatble so its running at 4x. he has a 420watt psu, and when he plays battlefield 2 he left the settings the way it was when he had his 5600 and it runs almost the same mabye only a couple frames faster. i use to have a 6600gt on a amd 3200 64 on 1 gig ram and i could run bf2 all high cept textures medium AA off at 1280by960 getting 30 plus frames. why on my bros system its soo weak.

Re: question about my system and bf2 need help

What type of atlon. Otherwise it is most likely the ram. A lot of those settings has to do with ram and processor besides the card itself.

Comment

what do u mean what type of athlon i juss no its old and its the retail one.

Comment

Seems like you should be able to play a little faster than that. Have you scanned for spyware? Viruses?

Look and see if there are programs/processes running in the background.

If the hard drive has never been defragmented, you could try that. Also, if Windows has never been reinstalled you could have remnants of old drivers, a clogged registry, etc--I mean, we're talking about a three year old pc, huh?

Of course, it needs to be said that some folks have problems with BF2 even after they do all that, even if they upgrade to the latest BFGeeThat'sExpensive945000000in quadra-sli mode...and EA may just be picking on you.

Comment

What drivers is he using?

Also have him go to,

C:\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

and delete everything there (not the chache folder, but everything in it).

Comment

Working...
          X