No announcement yet.

More RAM = No difference in game play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More RAM = No difference in game play?

I went from 1 gig to 3gigs and the only difference I saw is that I am usually spawn a few seconds before the others in the maps, and BF2 now exits faster to the desktop.

Comment

i find verifying data changes completely based on the server.

ive found about 3 servers that instantly verify data. by instantly, i mean faster than it does in singleplayer.

however, these servers seem to have more of the "private first class no unlocks" bug showing up.

i had 512 mb ram, played BF2 all medium settings with no lag in patch 1.03.

now i have 1024 mb ram, play BF2 all medium cept textures low, and some shade low..... with patch 1.21, apparently because its harder to run.

kind of annoying to play on lower graphics with more ram.... but when i took out the extra 512 its even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by u_got_pwnt
        Loading times for Battlefield are mostly the same for everyone anyway.

not true - i have 4 BF capable comps at my house with 4 seperate copies of bf2, one loads WAAAYYY faster than the others, and the one that loads the fastest doesn't even have the best specs

Comment

Originally posted by Sexy In Garden
          How about choose a fast SERVER.. I have 3.0GHz P4, 1Mb connection and 512MB RAM... If I choose the right server it loads within about 15-20 seconds
          but what settings do you run it on?

Comment

I went from 512 to 2 GB. The difference for me was big. Faster load times, less lagg. Awsome.

However, since I never had 1 GB, there is no way to know if that would have been enough to have these changes, and if anything after 1 GB is overkill.

Comment

i uped mine to 1.5 and it made a huge difference, i'm first or second on the servers.

Comment

RAM quantity means nothing without knowing the game/system settings and video card. If you were running a lower resolution with medium to low settings, you may not notice anything. However if you were running higher settings, you should notice a difference, maybe not on the first map load, but after more stuff gets put into memory.

Comment

Working...
                X