Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game crashes when turned up to 75hz @ 1208x1024.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes when turned up to 75hz @ 1208x1024.

For some reason, when I go into the BF2 profile folder, to edit the default video file so that I can get 75hz instead of 60hz refresh rate, the game loads up to the login screen, but when I enter my name and password, the game starts connecting, and drops as soon I get a small glimpse of the main screen (BFHQ Multiplayer Singleplayer). My monitor doesn't support 75hz on 1208x1024, but I have forced it to run on 75hz, and it runs just fine.

My monitor: Viewsonic VX924 19'
    Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116355

The reason that I need to fix this is because I use V-Sync for all of my games, due to horrible horizontal lines (tearing i think, not sure) when playing games, and every time a line tears, the game skips a bit.

Does anyone have any clue as to why my game will not load in all the way?

If not, does anyone know how to kill the tearing without V-Sync?

I'd try a lower resolution, but my native res is 1208x1024, and anything else looks crappy and blurry.

Thanks!

-Herox

Re: Game crashes when turned up to 75hz @ 1208x1024.

I'd bet your monitor doesn't actually support 75Hz. Just stick with 60Hz.

I have a Samsung 930B which says:
    1280 x 1024 resolution, 160°/160° viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81kHz horizontal and 56-75Hz vertical.
    yet 75Hz doesn't even show up on the display properties page. It will if I UNcheck the "Hide modes this monitor can not display" box, but then I can't set BF2 to 75Hz, it never shows as an option.

I think I read somewhere that LCD's are 60Hz no matter what... it's because they don't actually *scan* the way a tube does.

Comment

I've heard that those viewsonic monitors are supposed to run the game at Native Resolution, otherwise you get ghosting and tearing.

Comment

You heard right. Native resolution is 1280x1024 on 19" LCD's. Just run at 1280x1024@60Hz or you will have ghosting.

Tearing is a seperate issue and is more related to your video card performance. VSync is better turned off. I'll see if I can find a really good post talking about it.

Here, just read through these... I think you'll find the info.

HERE
        I'd read something about VSync and not being used. It locks the video rate at 1/2 of whatever it begins with or something.... I didn't pay that much attention at the time...

Hopefully you find it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Herox
          For some reason, when I go into the BF2 profile folder, to edit the default video file so that I can get 75hz instead of 60hz refresh rate, the game loads up to the login screen, but when I enter my name and password, the game starts connecting, and drops as soon I get a small glimpse of the main screen (BFHQ Multiplayer Singleplayer). My monitor doesn't support 75hz on 1208x1024, but I have forced it to run on 75hz, and it runs just fine.

My monitor: Viewsonic VX924 19'
          Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116355

The reason that I need to fix this is because I use V-Sync for all of my games, due to horrible horizontal lines (tearing i think, not sure) when playing games, and every time a line tears, the game skips a bit.

Does anyone have any clue as to why my game will not load in all the way?

If not, does anyone know how to kill the tearing without V-Sync?

I'd try a lower resolution, but my native res is 1208x1024, and anything else looks crappy and blurry.

Thanks!

-Herox
          I have the same LCD and the same problem but im able to at least get 70hz . First download the drivers from the viewsonic site http://www.viewsonic.com/support/dri...rmName=monitor

Then make sure in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings
          Video default .con file you have renderer.allowAllRefreshRates set too one

Hope that helps so u can at least have 70hz ,just sucks that u can use 75hz for desktop and not game . Oh well the LCD is still one of the fastest out there at 3ms :rock:

Comment

Awesome, thanks alot for the suggestions guys. I'm going to go through that post, and try what you said sin.

Ill report back soon.

-Herox

Comment

Working...
            X