Nostromo Gaming Pad - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo Gaming Pad - Help

I've recently got this new gaming pad, is there any help out there with reference to profiles to map the keys----Thanks

Re: Nostromo Gaming Pad - Help

I'm sure if you did a search for "Nostromo", you'll find several...should have done that first...

But, use the disk provided to install your background application that helps you map the keys.

A bunch of people have posted their profiles or you can make your own. Personally, I don't use the shift keys at all (red, blue, etc) and just assign all buttons to something.

Comment

should have a software disc to mess around with and u can do remaps in certain games

Comment

found 2 about mappings

Comment

Thing about mappings... You really want to do them yourself. Just look at what keys you normally use during a few rounds, then write them down.

Go into the Nostromo and program them in similiar positions on the pad. Add stuff you'd *really* like to have in other keys.

If you fly alot, have a seperate keyset (blue, green, red) for flying. You won't need the movements, but you can put throttle, spotted, switch weapons, etc... in there. You could even define another set for vehicles.

After you get comfortable with all that... start the combination macros.

Switch to Med Kit
          Drop One Med Pack
          Switch back to Primary Weapon

Switch to grenades
          Throw one grenade
          Switch back to primary weapon

There's a ton of those that can be done with one keystroke.

BTW - Most profiles you get from others are very basic. Just redefining the keystrokes to the Nostromo keys. It's VERY easy to do with the Nost software. To really learn the full functions, try it yourself.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments guys.....I appreciate them all, however I'm very new to this idea and it would help if I can download a few and get an idea of how it's done, hands on. Maybe manipulate one or two to the way I want it....I'm too much of a noob to start from scratch.... lol

Next question guys......I've loaded my profile and looked at it in the editor, then booted up the game from the Loadout screen and tried playing in singleplayer just to get the feel, however, the original key settings are still in 'Controls' and the N52 just acts like an extention to my keyboard, no designated functions of the mapped keys and no macros applying that I know are there.
            1. Is it just because it's set up for Multiplayer not Single? Just don't want to jump straight in without practice....
            2. How do I get it to apply it's settings in the game?....mmmmmm...confusing!!!........Help me I'm drowning

Comment

Okay...you have to assign that profile you've set up to a specific game. That way, it'll load it when the game is detected. There's a way to choose the game and add it to a list. Not sure right now, as I'm at work, but hopefully someone who's at home or perhaps you will find what I'm saying and be able to work it out. :-] Good luck!

Comment

Made up with that m8 thanks managed to associate the game profile....thanks

Comment

Awesome! Let us know how it works for you! :-]

Comment

Working...
                  X