Cool Terrain generating software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Terrain generating software

Found a thread on this in the gotfrag forums, gave it a try........looks pretty cool. Now to import into the editor.

Re: Cool Terrain generating software

Would you care to tell us, what this program maybe called. Maybe whip up a quick tut.

Comment

Here's the software link:

If you're looking for a program that lets you easily design huge 3D terrain maps, your search is over!

There's a free version and a soon to be released professional version. It took me about 5 mins to create those 2 maps!

Working on a way to import into the editor, which, from what I've read, is possible.

here's the thread I found it on:

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome

Comment

Hmm that would save me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time coupled with TPAINT.

Comment

Originally posted by {HHx}b14ze
            Hmm that would save me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time coupled with TPAINT.

Great minds think alike.

If you guys try it, load some screens up on here so we can see different renders.

Comment

Okay well I guess I can write up a quick tutorial for you all on exporting and using them in the Editor. I found this program a few days back and after I seen the outcome I was amazed at its beauty. Anyway if you want to import the heightmap in the editor just click View>Show Map. What every map you chose is the "ACTIVE MAP". So chose Heightfield Map. Then go to file Export Active Map. Same with Color Map Chose View>Show Map then chose Texture Map, it becomes the "ACTIVE MAP". Then go to File> Export>Ative Map. From there you should figure out the rest..BTW..The editor Reads BOTH heightmaps backwards so you are going to have to flip the color map or you will end up with a messed up color map and start saying WTF..geez....piece of crap......Hope this helps..

Almost forgot under if you click Operations>Texture Map>Generate Alpha Map this is actually your DETAIL MAP in the editor. Just chose it and then save it as a png then convert to tga. Then use the tsplitter to split it and the colormap apart..Very Simple once you get to know it..I also cant wait for the commercial product to come out because for $25 you can beat what it does..

Comment

One question I had about the scale and how it relates to the editor. Say I want to make a 512 x 2 map, what size does the render need to be set to before I export it into the editor?

Comment

I kinda ran into this problem last night. I could be wrong on this but I think if you create a 1024 x 1024 Scale of 2 in the editor the Heightmap needs to be 2048 x 2048. So a 512x512 scale 2 map heightmap needs to be 1024x1024. Try it and let me know if it works..I will try later this evening..

Comment

i

do i save the colour maps and all the other stuff u said in to a map that i have made or not

is there any tutorials on how to get it in editor i cant really follow this because i dont no how to do most of it

Okay well I guess I can write up a quick tutorial for you all on exporting and using them in the Editor. I found this program a few days back and after I seen the outcome I was amazed at its beauty. Anyway if you want to import the heightmap in the editor just click View>Show Map. What every map you chose is the "ACTIVE MAP". So chose Heightfield Map. Then go to file Export Active Map. Same with Color Map Chose View>Show Map then chose Texture Map, it becomes the "ACTIVE MAP". Then go to File> Export>Ative Map. From there you should figure out the rest..BTW..The editor Reads BOTH heightmaps backwards so you are going to have to flip the color map or you will end up with a messed up color map and start saying WTF..geez....piece of crap......Hope this helps..

Almost forgot under if you click Operations>Texture Map>Generate Alpha Map this is actually your DETAIL MAP in the editor. Just chose it and then save it as a png then convert to tga. Then use the tsplitter to split it and the colormap apart..Very Simple once you get to know it..I also cant wait for the commercial product to come out because for $25 you can beat what it does..

Comment

now eli and blaze, I want to see maps asap now that you have all these tools

Comment

its driving me crazy that I cannot split the color map up using tsplit.exe. geeeeez this is driving me crazy. I know the correct syntax but it only creates 4 files instead of the proper amount..

Comment

Ok im going to chill on the couple of maps im working on, and try this because it looks too interesting not too. Im going to make a jungle map (never made a chinese map) and the name will be named "Camouflage".

Comment

Working...
                          X