"Unmodified content"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unmodified content"

Hello all! If this has been posted before I am sorry. Unfortunately, I have to head to work in a few we have a busy surgery schedule.

At the end of each online game the map changes. Once (multpiple people from our clan) the next map loads up, we get kicked out to our multiplayer panel. There is a message displayed that says something like,
    "This server does not allow players with modified content to play here. Please remove you modifications"

I have emailed EA repeatedly, who has said uninstall everything and reinstall everything from scratch. (Which I told them had been doen already)
    Punk buster is up to date. There are no mods on my system????
    Anybody else have this problem, and how do you fix it???

Thanks

Re: "Unmodified content"

I have seen quite a few instances of this and I myself have posted twice about this. At first i was a bit dis-heartened with what was passing for an answer on this, like most the "uninstall - reinstall then apply patch approach" hasn't worked , only to read in frustrastion that others have had similar problems yet have worked around it.

I have both BF2 and SF legit, and the large 1.2 patch and the smaller increment 1.21 patch. After three reinstalls-uninstall etc.. I was giving up and joining totalbf2 to add to the plea's.

Yet this afternoon, using the same patch files and the same discs, and not changing a thing, not even the install path, hey presto, i was having at you in a SF map. What i think could be a definitive to this prob,

1. Obtain your patch's from legit sites, the links from this place are what I have used.
    2. When uninstalling, make sure SF comes out first, then BF2. Click all the radials to have everything removed, including screens shots.
    3. Perhaps a restart
    4. In goes BF2, then SF (with its 1.1 patch, also i didn't place both games in the same start folder.) Then either the full 1.21 patch, or the ever so slightly smaller 1.2, then followed by the 1.21 incremental. Make sure the patch's are stored and installed from a local drive.
    Side Note: I was having troubles with the ISP and not an hour before I had tried the latest and succesful attempt, i had reset the modem, therefore getting a new ext. I.P. I've no idea if this has anything to do with anything, but it had happened.

Kids, uninstall reinstall is the only answer for this sorry to say, EA have not really responded any better.

Comment

I had done a clean unistall and install then..., Personally I had an MD5 error come up on installation, in turn continued with it. Patching failed then succeded. Only this followed by on loading, just at the 'Join game' dialogue as I pressed it I received a refusal to connect due having an unauthorised copy of the game and should put the original disc wthout modified content back in the drive.
      It came down in the end, for my case, having Dual Channel Board with 3 sticks of 512DDR ram. It didn't cache the Info from the disc onto the drive correctly on installation because some of the info was lost due to having an odd number of memory sticks in a dual channel motherboard. Simple I put 2 512's and 2 256's, so I still have my1.5Gb RAM but I'm using all the slots. Unistalled, reinstalled and worked straight away. try Memtest(Memory Diagnostic Software), lasts for a few hours but got me the answers I needed. Sorry to go on a bit, but there you are.....

Comment

Only solution I've heard is to re-install BF2 and BF2 Spec Forces from scratch. Then, re-download the patches and install.

Now, only if someone would help me with my RAM question a few posts down...

Comment

Install the patches from the BF2 directory. I had this problem with Wake ONLY. I d-loaded the patch from TotalBF2 and moved it into my BF2 directory and ran it there. Worked like a charm.

I've also hear manually updating PunkBuster can help.

Comment

any other suggestions??????????

sighs................

Comment

Working...
            X