AA and Af problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA and Af problems

I have a x700 pro 256 mb, 3 gigahertz processor, and 1.75 ram.
    At the time, all my settings are on high (due to it looking really bad to begin with), and it runs just fine... but it still looks awful. and the res is on 1280x1024. I would upload more pictures, but it doesn't seems to be over the limit. might try to upload to a site soon. But regaurdless, the edges are very ridged and rough... leaving me to think the AA isn't working. So please, if there is some help, i would appreciate it, thank you.

Re: AA and Af problems

Originally posted by jahguy7
    I have a x700 pro 256 mb, 3 gigahertz processor, and 1.75 ram.
    At the time, all my settings are on high (due to it looking really bad to begin with), and it runs just fine... but it still looks awful. and the res is on 1280x1024. I would upload more pictures, but it doesn't seems to be over the limit. might try to upload to a site soon. But regaurdless, the edges are very ridged and rough... leaving me to think the AA isn't working. So please, if there is some help, i would appreciate it, thank you.
    Do you have ingame settings to full aa (6x) and in the ccc have it at application controlled?

Comment

oh my gosh man... my aa has been set on the highest in the CCC. But i set it to let app decide, and it looks amazing! I thank you so much, i have had this problem for so long... and have even posted an identical post here a month ago, and nobody could come up with anything. Very much appreciation!

Comment

oh my gosh man... my aa has been set on the highest in the CCC. But i set it to let app decide, and it looks amazing! I thank you so much, i have had this problem for so long... and have even posted an identical post here a month ago, and nobody could come up with anything. Very much appreciation!
        Your Welcome!

Comment

ok, this might lead to be a little off topic - but now that I've done that (changed my ccc to app decide), majority of my other games don't run with my aa.. including americas army i play quite often. Perhaps ya'll know the u2k4 console code for aa... or theres some sort of other setting i could put my ccc on to run both, alright, I appreciate it, thanks.

Comment

ok, this might lead to be a little off topic - but now that I've done that (changed my ccc to app decide), majority of my other games don't run with my aa.. including americas army i play quite often. Perhaps ya'll know the u2k4 console code for aa... or theres some sort of other setting i could put my ccc on to run both, alright, I appreciate it, thanks.
            sadly you'll need to have different profiles for different games...

I have a BF1942 profile to enable AA and AF with CCC.... but a standard profile that is Application Select for BF2.

Comment

bah - well, i'm a very paranoid person, it doesn't hurt my card changing settings so often, does it? ha, stupid question, maybe... but I'm very cautious when it comes to my pc, thanks.

Comment

Dont worry bud it wont hurt your card at all. BTW a little trick if u want to use hardware AA instead of app preffernce . NOrmally the game wont use AA if you force it, but if u rename the .exe it will work . If you have a G15 KB like i do and use your profiles dont do it . The KB wont pick up the profile when u lanch the game . I used app prefernce for AA - Af myself on my x850xt . But im sure higher cards can force AA and it will look better .

Comment

Working...
                X