Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Just got this joystick today bc i heard ppl recommend it. I have never used a joystick before and was seeing if someone could give me some setup tips. Do i configure most of the controls in windows or in the game? What exactly is the Yaw speed ect.? Any setup tips or flying tips would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Here's the basics:
    Set up your controls in-game, the sensitivity settings in game don't apply to the joystick. For flying basically just practice and try to find other peoples flying videos on Google Video or whatever to get some tricks. When you bomb go into front chase (the one where you can see behind you) to see where the bombs drop. After doing this every time you bomb for a couple weeks you'll get much better at judging when to drop your bombs. Flying can be frustrating if there's an ace on the other team, but you can always practice in single player on Operation Clean Sweep.

Have fun.

Comment

is it any good for flying jets

Comment

The Wingman 3D Pro and the Saitek Cyborg Evo seem to be the two best joysticks for the game for their price. Which of the two is best is a matter of personal preference. Apparently the Wingman 3D Pro likes to stop working properly after a few months though, so get the product replacement plan if you can.

Comment

cool man thanks

Comment

Just noticed your thread before hitting the sack I've been using the same joystick since about last November. Very happy with it.

I've the basic controls like throttle and movement configured in BF2 but anything else i have configured using JoyToKey. If you search these forums you'll find many mentions of it or just google it. One thing it will allow you to do is use the hat switch in a mouselook mode seeing as BF2 doesn't natively allow you to do this.

Check Talus's reply for links to the pertinent threads http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...light=joytokey

Comment

I set mine up through the ingame configs. I didn't mess with any of the joystick software.

As for learning to fly just practice. It's pretty easy really.

Comment

you will love this joystick mines been going strong for six plus month. never had a problem.

Comment

You will gonna love it! Easy to set up.. if u want good settings for it, PM me, and I'll give ya 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Lanserschrek
                    Just noticed your thread before hitting the sack I've been using the same joystick since about last November. Very happy with it.

I've the basic controls like throttle and movement configured in BF2 but anything else i have configured using JoyToKey. If you search these forums you'll find many mentions of it or just google it. One thing it will allow you to do is use the hat switch in a mouselook mode seeing as BF2 doesn't natively allow you to do this.
                    Agreed, JoyToKey is very nice to have.

On to the topic, this joystick is a very good and inexpensive thing to have. Makes flying much easier, imo. I've had mine for 6-7 months and it hasn't given me a problem yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PBJTime
                      I've had mine for 6-7 months and it hasn't given me a problem yet.

Me2

Comment

i have had 5 or six of the logicrap 3d pros.....i love them to death...but their potentiameters are plastic crap and lose calibration after a few hours of flight time......saitek cyborg evos are good...the potentiometers are more durable it seems....I've taken them out of my evo and put them in my last set of logicrap momo racing pedals....lol....

evo joystick button ergonomics stink...i guess I've got stubby thumbs....3d pro is awesome.....even though it has the calibration issue.....i wont fly without it.....

I have found that the "seating" for the potentiometer ball is too big for the pot ball itself.....after a while you may see your calibrator not giving you full left or right twist....or joystick center will be off to one side....easy fix is to unplug it and replug it....works sometimes.....hard fix is to open up your joystick....and put a little bit of folded paper in the pot ball seat..to close up the tolerances between the potentiometer and the joystick handle or base....

Comment

Make sure to use the latest drivers and bring your sensitivity to the max...

Comment

I have this joystick too. It rapes.

Comment

I can fly but no matter how much I practice I cant bomb or shoot ****

Comment

Working...
                              X