Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I still haven't gotten enough RAM for Sepcial Forces to work but I was wondering, if say a Spec Ops player deploys a zipline can other players use it and then gather it up? (aka Spec Ops fires the Zipline an otherwise unreachable position (or one that would take forever to get to) a Medic and Support use it to get to the position as well and then they gather up the Zipline?

Re: Question

Yes. Any player can use a Grappling Hook or Zip Line deployed by another player. This is true until either the user "pulls" it (by using the pickup key - "G" is the default) or until it times out (unsure as to how long it takes, but the game considers it abandoned after a certain amount of time. If you pull the implement when someone is on it, they will fall from their current position on it. Check first to avoid forcing the death of a teammate. :-]

Comment

you can even use it backwards, if you see a teammate who is standing higher then you, you can shoot the zipline towards him, he gets on, and zips to your position

Comment

I didn't know it worked like that!!! That's pretty good to know...

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
          you can even use it backwards, if you see a teammate who is standing higher then you, you can shoot the zipline towards him, he gets on, and zips to your position
          yea thats help full...if you want a quick laugh retract the zip line while there on it.

Comment

I dont think the other players can "gather it up", but the rest is true.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

^I wasn't implying that someone could grab yours...Only you can grab yours. I do see after reading my post this wasn't too clear...

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthias
                ^I wasn't implying that someone could grab yours...Only you can grab yours. I do see after reading my post this wasn't too clear...

my only fear is that an enemy could use my own Zip line against me (AKA if I use it to get out of a firefight and forget to gather it up and the enemy uses it too)

Comment

Working...
                X