Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are 16 Players and Large map are ok to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are 16 Players and Large map are ok to play?

Topic

Re: Are 16 Players and Large map are ok to play?

If you got all day yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by skunk-dogz
      If you got all day yeah.
      awsome

Comment

not according to ea's EULA

if you play on a server with a 64 player sized map but the limit is only 16 players, ea says is stat padding, and will shut the server down and possibley reset the users in it

64 player sized maps with only 16 people who have joined (but max is 40-64)
        is ok

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy

if you play on a server with a 64 player sized map but the limit is only 16 players, ea says is stat padding, and will shut the server down and possibley reset the users in it

is ok
          u r wrong - there are lots of servers with large maps and only 16 player servers....which are legal according to EA...get ur info right....

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy

is ok
            What you are saying was intended to be within the ROE but EA refused it so I can not imagine it is stated in the EULA.
            So AFAIK a 16 slot server running a 64 player map does not (yet) violate the rules.

3 High Points Servers (Flag hopping servers, flag trading servers commonly set up for 16 players on 64 player maps)
            removed per EA, as long as the server is ran in the normal mode, aka no limiting of weapons or flag capture points ..

Comment

Originally posted by bingobones
              u r wrong - there are lots of servers with large maps and only 16 player servers....which are legal according to EA...get ur info right....
              Agree.
              There is one ranked server 64/16,its says no artillery and some other stuff,but i cant join it its always full and i get ping aroun 300

Comment

Originally posted by xxCaptainBlackxx
                Agree.
                There is one ranked server 64/16,its says no artillery and some other stuff,but i cant join it its always full and i get ping aroun 300
                No artillery is against the ROE so you better stay away from this server.

Comment

""We do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players and minor admin enforced changes in game play behavior. These changes need to be explicitly announced either in the server description or somewhere on the loading screen.""

Comment

Warm-Pudgy.....U JUST GOT OWNED!

Comment

Even without any restrictions, a game can last an hour. Depends if people jump in vehicles and rush to each flag or there's a mix with the majority on foot.

Comment

If I want a long game to get a ton of kills or work for some badge, I just wait till late at night and find a server that has 15-20 people on a 64 player map. Its a lot easier to get 40-44 kills for expert badges if you have more than the standard 20-30 minutes to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                          http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...serverpolicies

""We do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players and minor admin enforced changes in game play behavior. These changes need to be explicitly announced either in the server description or somewhere on the loading screen.""
                          Who are you speaking for in the "We".

Comment

Originally posted by vaeth
                            What you are saying was intended to be within the ROE but EA refused it so I can not imagine it is stated in the EULA.
                            So AFAIK a 16 slot server running a 64 player map does not (yet) violate the rules.

That all depends if its all clan members in the server, then there is something fishy there.

Our team started out servers with 8v8 to get it started, once we got regulars coming back, we pushed it up to a 32.

There wasnt many high points because we actualy tried to win, then just go from flag to flag and not kill each other. Like that one time i got banned from a server for asking why they were stat padding.

Plus 32player maps and smaller are boring..

Comment

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

* § Knife-Pistol-Revive
                              * § Knife-Pistol only Servers
                              * § Knife only Servers
                              * § High Points Servers
                              * § Infantry only Servers

high point servers = low player amount on large maps

guess i shouldve said roe instead of eula

Comment

Working...
                              X