ATI x850 and BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI x850 and BF2

Hey guys, I've been having problems with my BF2 recently. I can run the game on all settings MAXED and run it well, however sometimes out of the blue it completely freezes, and I see a whole mixture of color and texture and my computer restarts. Here's my computer specs.

AMD 3200+ 64 (Being upgraded to a 3800+ very soon)

1024 GB PC400 memory

ATI x850 256mb (AGP

Gigabyte K8U series motherboard

120gb HD ( Insignifigant to the matter I'd imagine )

I have two case fans as well as a nice heatsink. I say this because my theory was that it was a problem with cooling. What do you guys think? Is there a known bug or glitch with this card or ATI? If so , is there a known driver or fix that works most effectivly for BF2? (I know it was made to play on nVidia)

Re: ATI x850 and BF2

could be poor powersupply or a defective videocard

Comment

it could be overheating, have you tried ati tool to monitor your card temps?
      what drivers are you using?
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

either powersupply or overheating.

My x800 pro does the same thing, and sometimes its overheating, sometimes the power supply dips too low and crashes it.

Stupid raidmax PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
          either powersupply or overheating.

My x800 pro does the same thing, and sometimes its overheating, sometimes the power supply dips too low and crashes it.

Stupid raidmax PSU.
          go out and get a better psu, good investment

as for the one who posted this... check your PSU wattage and post it here.... Deïnstall your drivers through control panel-->software and after that use drivercleaner pro to make sure you really got rid of em.. download and install catalyst 6.3 from the ati site, www.ati.com and see if that fix it... after that try your motherboard drivers but first this....

Comment

Working...
          X