Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft bombing

Hey guys,

I consider myself an OK copter pilot, but I have never spent much time in the planes, so lately I tried a few times.

I am constantly bombed when I am on the ground by airplane but when I pilot one, I can't seem to be able to bomb. All I am able to do is use the machine gun or fire air to air missile.

Is there a third trigger for the bombs ?

Thanks guys

Re: Aircraft bombing

you have to use your cycle weapon key to switch from a2a to bombs.

Comment

default is the F key

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        default is the F key
        yeah i should have added that, but couldn't remember because i fly with a joystick, and i have a button on the joystick assigned for that function. plus, i didn't know if he changed the keys or anything.

Comment

Both the fighter and the bomber have those bombs or I assume just the bomber ?

Comment

fighter has 2 bombs

bomber has 5 bombs

Comment

Wow, i never knew that, i alwase figured i was jumping in the wrong plane. Thanks!

Comment

Both have bombs. Fighters have only 2 and the bombers have 5 and of a different type.

Comment

yeah, and having bombs only half solves your problem, now you have to deal with the aiming the stupid things. i just cant seem to get that down.

Comment

right after you release your bombs hit f11 to watch them fall. careful not to crash into anything while your watching

Comment

I'll be sure to try this out tonight when I get home... I'll let you know if I was able to destroy something

Can't go wrong with the Quarry or Operation smoke screen maps on EF lol... there is SO much armor on that map it's ridiculous ! I might be able to hit something :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rav3n667
                        yeah, and having bombs only half solves your problem, now you have to deal with the aiming the stupid things. i just cant seem to get that down.
                        it depends on your angle of attack. if you're at an extreme angle(dive bombing) you can release them just before you pull up. if you're flying lower, and almost horizontal, then you'll have to learn timing to know when to release so they fly into you're target. it all just takes practice. you can try single player, or an empty server to practice bombing runs.

Comment

Working...
                        X