we have 36 man server - play 64 man maps
    play ALL maps on rotation
    have MANY MANY regulars that visit us
    Problem = we added Euro Maps to the rotation
    EVERY SINGLE TIME
    we drop less than 10 players
    wait 30 minutes - still cannot get enough players
    drop Euro maps = no problems

question - other servers have simillar problem??

Re: Euro Maps - too many players quit

Would that be because most of your players don't have Euro Force so they can't play the maps.

Comment

it was hilarious the other day on the BAD server when the map changed from a full 64 player on Cleansweep to 5 on Smoke Screen - the admin had to go to wake to get the numbers up again
      although i wanted to play Smoke Screen - seems that figure of roughly 10% is quite representative of the actual numbers who have bought euroforces

Comment

I have bought euro forces, but when a server runs euro maps, I quit playing there , sorry but I just don't like euro forces , maps are way to big, making them boring , you have to get in some armor, chopper or jet , also in armor it takes a whole dam time to get to a flag because the maps are so big .

Comment

Soldiers learn to adapt and overcome.

Comment

putting euro forces maps with vanilla ones is a sh!tty idea and fvckin p!sseses too many ppl off.....euro forces servers....for some fvckin retarded reason show up for vanilla users....even with "same mod" checked.....so if one of those servers is on a vanilla map, we may enter.....then we get kicked...next map...that is fvckin bu11sh!t....and im glad its causing problems on ur ends too....it will force EA to remove ur servers from the browser list when i click "same mod"

Comment

actually, most euroforce users play on dedicated euroforce servers.

Comment

On the server I always play in (SFR), its always full with vanilla BF2. As soon as it goes to Euro it drops to 18...assuming that they will eventually purchase it...

Comment

I don't run a server, but as a player, it sucks when a Euro map pops up and I get dropped off the server.

I chose not to buy it as a result of SF having crap support and with only 3 maps, it just didn't seem worth it. It doesn't make sense to run it on it's own servers like SF either because there are so few maps.

I'm just waiting for EA to realize that between vBF2, SF, EF, and eventually AF .... they are just splintering the gaming community among too many things and it will eventually **** everyone off.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                    putting euro forces maps with vanilla ones is a sh!tty idea and fvckin p!sseses too many ppl off.....euro forces servers....for some fvckin retarded reason show up for vanilla users....even with "same mod" checked.....so if one of those servers is on a vanilla map, we may enter.....then we get kicked...next map...that is fvckin bu11sh!t....and im glad its causing problems on ur ends too....it will force EA to remove ur servers from the browser list when i click "same mod"
                    It's not a mod, it's an expansion pack. You really need to calm down. If you don't want to play Euro Forces, just switch servers and zip it... It won't force EA to do a damned thing...cept maybe sit back and chuckle about how upset you're getting about having to find another server. I like having Euro Forces maps in the rotation. I wish they could add Special Forces maps as well so that I could get a nice variety in one server... Oh well, I won't complain about switching servers to get my Special Forces fix...

Comment

I've only noticed about 6-12 people get disconnected on our 64 person server when we go to EF maps.

Maybe your servers fanbase hasn't moved on EF yet?

I agree with Animal....No reason why they can't include SF maps in the rotation.

Comment

wow, youre a fvcking loser. lay off the getting around the swear filter eh?

the solution is this.

play 24/7 euro maps. the euro players go there. the vanilla players go to vanilla maps. thats how it goes.

then people like rombaft stick to vanilla, i stick to EF and were both happy.

rather ironic about how everyone complains about SF not being able to be in the same server as vanilla maps, but when EF does that, they all bitch anyway.

the simple answer: trying to please everyone on a forum is even more stupid than trying to please everyone anywhere else.

Comment

That is the whole point, it is an integration. What EA has done is unintentionally divided the community again like what they did with SF. Armored Fury is going to do the exact same thing. Best thing to do is run the same old maps. There will be some new games coming out soon and I think that will be the final nail in the BF2 coffin.

Comment

sure revolution, how about BF2 is dead for you and all the other people who ceaselessly complain no matter what EA does, but the people who actually like the game keep playing?

it would actually be a lot more fun without you guys anyway!

so they divided it with sf, and everybody complains. so they integrate it.... and everybody complains.

i think EA is going to get to the point where they say f*ck the whiners and just let the people who like BF2 play.

Comment

Originally posted by ||Animal||
                              It's not a mod, it's an expansion pack. You really need to calm down. If you don't want to play Euro Forces, just switch servers and zip it... It won't force EA to do a damned thing...cept maybe sit back and chuckle about how upset you're getting about having to find another server. I like having Euro Forces maps in the rotation. I wish they could add Special Forces maps as well so that I could get a nice variety in one server... Oh well, I won't complain about switching servers to get my Special Forces fix...
                              u dont understand what im saying......special forces is an expansion too...yet it does not show up when i have the "same mod" box checked....same should be for euro forces......true you should be able to have vanilla maps in the rotation....but the euro forces servers should not be visible to me when i make the browser search...they apear as red....what is the purpose in that? why show up at all?

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
                              wow, youre a fvcking loser. lay off the getting around the swear filter eh?

the solution is this.

play 24/7 euro maps. the euro players go there. the vanilla players go to vanilla maps. thats how it goes.

then people like rombaft stick to vanilla, i stick to EF and were both happy.

rather ironic about how everyone complains about SF not being able to be in the same server as vanilla maps, but when EF does that, they all bitch anyway.

the simple answer: trying to please everyone on a forum is even more stupid than trying to please everyone anywhere else.
                              u talk more sh!t on here than enayone else so u should stfu.....your point really does not apply to me as i am not among the group you reffer to as "everyone" in "everyone complains about nSF not being able to be in the same servers as vanilla"..so i would also not be the "all" in "they all bitch anyway" you my friend are a bitch...

why cant u idiots realise there is a problem here? simple....because u have euro forces and dont have to deal with it....

i udnerstand i was being harsh....thas because there is a problem......you fail to recognise it so you flame back when it really is not appropriate to do so....as i am venting about a problem and you are just a bitch bitchin like you always do

the simple answer is to let euro forces servers run vanilla and SF maps, yet not appear in the server browser of SF and/or vanilla users

Comment

Working...
                              X