Totally Laggy after Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Laggy after Patch

I've been playing BF2 since it came out. I have a new computer with a dual core p4 (3.2 gig), I have 3 gigs of Ram, and 10k rpm HDD, I use an ATI x850xt card,

I never had lag and was always the first one into the server upon map laod, that is until the new 1.21 patch. Now I'm totally laggy, esp. in one to one combat situations. I can't load nearly as fast (way slower than the other guys I play with with horrible systems.

I've cleaned my entire system, eliminated any wasted space, and updated my video card drivers yesterday. Still, total lag. Can anyone give me some more ideas???

Re: Totally Laggy after Patch

Thats...not...what should happen really:S Doesn't make sence.

Maybe turning off virusscanners while playing? I dunno, it's a very obvious thing to do so probably you've already tried that.

Comment

try defragging ur PC, how much crap av u running in thr background? hence how much free RAM have u left once windows has fully loaded?

Comment

Your not alone thousands of players are having the same trouble you are. I have done everything imaginable to fix the lag problems after installing the latest patch, with little/no success. Like you I have P4 3.2 GByte processor with 2 gigs of ram and a SATA HDD Asus MB and a ATI X700 AGP Card with 256 MB onboard memory. My Cable Modem speed is 5.1Mbps download and 674Mbps upload. Before the 1.21 patch I could play online with every setting cranked up to the max with no problems what so ever. So here is what I have discovered and some things you could look at that you might not have thought of. Besides the obvious stuff look at your PunkBuster (check that it auto updates, change the sleep setting to 500 if you can in a ranked server the default is 60) . Trust me there is nothing wrong with your system!!!! what i found is if you keep changing servers you will find one or two that have no lag why this is I have no idea but I must have tried 50 plus servers all with lag so bad you couldn't play, it didn't matter what the ping was either. Did I mention that it was 3 oclock in the morning before I found some decent servers? Bottom line is there are some playable servers out there you just need to find them. My theory is this, the 1.21 patch included a fix between the server and the client having to do with sychronizing the shadowing and Fixed the error in Client - Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues which is causing the lag.

Comment

You should not need to tweak or upgrade your computer, when EA puts out another patch.

I also have the same problem. I think its got something to do with them tweaking the ATI cards, which caused problem for Nvidia users.

Comment

It's not the computer, it's DICE's bad coding.

Comment

Still, should it be THIS drastic?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon
                and 674Mbps upload.
                with that much upload just run your own server j/k

Same here, runnin Bf2 since launch perfectly (well except some nice unmodified content/server rejection/wireless malfunction/ bugs that occured in the early months of bf2)

Never had any problems with lag whatsoever, P4 3,2 Ghz, 1 Gb DDR2 SATA HDD XFX 6800GT great connection, ultra low pings etc. etc. now since 1.21... laggy, not as bad as you guys though, it's still playable, but every 20 sec, about 1 sec of "there is a problem with your connection" (ping steady at 20 or below) and complete freeze, after that it continues. Very annoying especially when flying a jet. Everybody yelling "OMG!1!!!1 Stupid jet suicide n00b!1!!1 lemme fly next time, or i'll jump in front of your jet taking off!11!!1"
                anyway i sure hope they fix it, and while they're at it fix the nasty wireless dual-antennae router bug that i keep running into once in a while too...

Comment

from 1.2 thru 1.21 the only issues i've had are the flickering flags and player names. As of 1.22 now i get lag with only 53ms ping, 60 FPS, 2GB ram, ati x1600 512mb pro, audigy zs 2 gamer. Only with 1.22 not with 1.21.

Comment

well things keep getting stranger then. After 1.22 i seem to have more small freezes, but they last shorter then before...

Comment

Originally posted by payneboy
                      I've been playing BF2 since it came out. I have a new computer with a dual core p4 (3.2 gig), I have 3 gigs of Ram, and 10k rpm HDD, I use an ATI x850xt card,

I never had lag and was always the first one into the server upon map laod, that is until the new 1.21 patch. Now I'm totally laggy, esp. in one to one combat situations. I can't load nearly as fast (way slower than the other guys I play with with horrible systems.

I've cleaned my entire system, eliminated any wasted space, and updated my video card drivers yesterday. Still, total lag. Can anyone give me some more ideas???
                      I honestly think you have too much sh!t in your computer. 3 GB of ram? WHy so much? It ain't gonna help your score any. Try using 1 GB, if it runs ok the install the 2nd GB. Try using older drivers for your video card too.

This post belongs in the support section!

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                        I honestly think you have too much sh!t in your computer. 3 GB of ram? WHy so much? It ain't gonna help your score any. Try using 1 GB, if it runs ok the install the 2nd GB. Try using older drivers for your video card too.

This post belongs in the support section!
                        i'm sorry but do you believe that me and a lot of other players got this problem overnight at the same time, but the fault is still with our computers?
                        It is obviously something in BF2, some people have reported that turning VOIP or EAX off helped them, it didnt help me, Ive tried every setting possible and have completely formatted my pc, but still i lag, where before there was not a problem at all. This is not performance related.
                        I'm not a EA/DICE hater, they have listened to us and given us pretty good support so far, and i only hope they fix this in a new patch or i''ll be playing singleplayer only:hmm:

btw not trying to flame you or anything, its just that im quite ****ed with this laggy stuff, and everybody keeps posting "hey you should check for spyware" or something like that, i really appreciate people willing to help us, but it is obvious by now that this problem is not so simple.
                        as far as this post belonging in support, i totally agree

I'm sorry for the dubble posting, but you guys gotta read this: It seems i have fixed my lag problem!!!
                        If you have this problem since patch 1.21/1.22 and you are using wireless: READ ON!!! I was completely desperate (check my previous post ) until
                        I read somewhere that the windows wless config may sometimes mess up your connection. I did not believe this could be the cause of my bf2 lag, because i only started lagging after the patch. But as said i was desperate so i tried disabling the auto config for wless. Guess what: IT WORKS!!!! NO MORE "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION"
                        I am now back to my pre 1.21 lag-free gameplay. So if you tried disabling VOIP and EAX and that did not work: here is the newest possible solution
                        click start> Run type services.msc [enter]. In the screen that pops up look for a service named "wireless zero configuration" select it, and click stop this service in the upper left corner. Start Bf2 and, at least in my case, ENJOY!!!

don't forget to turn it on again after you stop playing bf2. Although this is not a vital service and disabling it will not harm your pc in any way, it is best to turn it on after quitting bf2. Furthermore, i have no idea as to why this works, but it does and that's all that matters to me. The only thing I could come up with is that the 1.21 1.22 server/client compatibility fixes somehow mess with the wless config. If this fixes your problems as well plz post it, so I can spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                        X