Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA Downloader "Core" Error - Cannot open EAD, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Downloader "Core" Error - Cannot open EAD, etc...

For a while now I've been unable to open EA Downloader on my Alienware machine. It really hasn't been an issue as I've been able to download patches and such from different sites, etc...

Now that the new Euro Force pack has launched I cannot download any patches or updates or even Euro Force.

I am able to run EAD on my laptop, but what is the point when I cannot get anything moved over to my Alienware (yes they are networked) and install the files?

I was able to unpack the files and open the Euro Force folder, yet when moving it to my Alienware and installing it, it installs, I load up BF2 and go to join a EA US Official server and it says I do not have Euro Force installed or registered. It takes me to the EA BF2 site to DL Euro Force and EAD.

How can I get my EAD to work so I "can" install Euro Force, that I already purchased?

I have uninstalled all of BF2, Special Forces, and Euro Force. I've cleared my registry and all hidden files involving BF2, EAD, etc...

I've reinstalled and still have the errors. Please help? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks guys!

Here is a screenshot of the EAD error.

The EAD used to work fine months ago when it was first released. Now it doesn't.

System Specs:
    Alienware Area-51 - 3.2Ghz Intel, GeForce 6800 Ultra OC, 2gb DDR Memory, 2 x 80gb Seagates, SB Audigy Card.

Re: EA Downloader "Core" Error - Cannot open EAD, etc...

There is a thing known as the search tool.

Comment

If you are using IE7, don't. EAD only support IE 6.

Then, go to Internet Options, and set all Security and Privacy settings to Defaults.

Comment

Than I'm screwed huh? LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X