What Is GU ID?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is GU ID?.

My clan wants my GU ID, First what is it and where can i find it.

Luke

Re: What Is GU ID?.

I suppose you need it for team warfare or something like that. I think it's your punkbuster ID, and if you check the team warfare website, you can find instructions how to get it. Can't remember how, but you have to write something in the console on bf2 while ingame. Then you should get that number up in the console.

Comment

Somebody said it was pb_guid but it didnt work.

Luke

Comment

pb_myguid in console when you hit the ~ key.

Comment

GUID its CD-KEY in &^%^$%&$&$^%$^ needed only when the person gets banned so admins ask for their GUID to unbann them.
          I have somewhere little programm that checks it if i find it i let ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by xxCaptainBlackxx
            GUID its CD-KEY in &^%^$%&$&$^%$^ needed only when the person gets banned so admins ask for their GUID to unbann them.
            I have somewhere little programm that checks it if i find it i let ya know.
            The GUID is not the CD key, it is a string of numbers assigned by PB to authenticate the user. And it's not only used when a person gets banned, they use it in competition to make sure the person playing is really the account holder, and not someone else, like a pinch hitter so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
              The GUID is not the CD key, it is a string of numbers assigned by PB to authenticate the user. And it's not only used when a person gets banned, they use it in competition to make sure the person playing is really the account holder, and not someone else, like a pinch hitter so to speak.
              I tell you one thing for sure in GUID included CD-KEY and some PB info.
              The GUID based on CD-key
              If you have different CD-keys you will have different GUID

Comment

Well should he give it or not, from what i hear i woudnt me shure

Comment

Originally posted by goaliemike
                  Well should he give it or not, from what i hear i woudnt me shure
                  yes its 100% safe

Comment

I tell you one thing for sure in GUID included CD-KEY and some PB info.
                    The GUID based on CD-key
                    If you have different CD-keys you will have different GUID
                    Yes, it's linked to your CD key, but the CD key isn't included in it, and that isn't what the guy needed to know, he is asking how to get his.

Comment

Register and read the forums here: http://www.pbbans.com/

Comment

Register and read the forums here: http://www.pbbans.com/
                        I don't need to register on another forum and read who knows how many threads till I find the information I am looking for, to know my CD key is not in my guid. It is based on CD key, but I can look at my CD key, and look at my GUID and plainly see it is not in it.

Comment

The PB GUID is based on your computer, not your CD Key. It's how PB is able to ban you across multiple games if needed (like if you try to defeat punkbuster itself, rather than just cheat in a game with an aimbot or something). Your PB GUID should be the same in all the PB enabled games on your computer.

The CD key hash is an MD5 hash of your cd key, and that is what the BF2 admin software usually bans people by. It's pretty safe to give that away as well, or at least the last 10 digits if you are paranoid. MD5 hashes are one way and it is not feasibly possible to get your actual CD key from the hash.

Comment

Working...
                          X