EA/DICE Listen UP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA/DICE Listen UP!!!

Fix the lost connection problem!!!!! Its real, its not my PC, its your bug, find it fix it, make it your #1 priority. People please feel free to add more complaints to this thread, lets start a march, let's burn this mother ****er down!!!

Re: EA/DICE Listen UP!!!

I find this to, I have the same problem , "there is a problem with your connection" this has kiled me many many many times , you run into an enemy and then connection problem, I end up dead, you fly a chopper or jet, connection problem , you end up against the ground or upside down , .....

BF2 is the only online game where I have these idues, never had them in CS or other games

Comment

Here, too. Hasn't gotten me killed yet, though very close while flying last night

I can't say what exactly the problem is, but it seems the entire server froze for half a minute or so, and I see this maybe every dozen and a half games though usually only for 3-5 seconds.

Seems worse since 1.21, but for all I know its the servers I'm on

Comment

What really trips me out is I lose connection about 2min into a server almost everytime. I rejoin and everything runs fine. What the hell is that!! It doesn't matter weather anti virus is off or on firewall is disabled or not.

Comment

never seen it.

it may not be your computer - it may be your ISP

but i am open minded - i'll keep an eye out.

(i get connection problems when i make an out-dial call on my cisco 7960 IP phone via a VPN connection to my call-manager at work - but thats my fault. Oh also when I try to VNC to my computer from work while a buddy is at my house plaing BF2. Oh also when i try an FTP "dir" command from a remote location while i play BF2).

Also - is it too much to ask for a marine to smile in his photo?

Comment

I get it about every two or three maps. Its incredibly frustrating and removes a lot of the satisfaction from commanding, I very often miss out on the 2x bonus. Oh ya, its only in bf2 for me as well, its nothing to do with my connection. It also ruins good rounds, screwing my chance of a gold . Although im usually not concerned with that more obsessed with medals and badges of other types .

Comment

Lost Connection problem here too ... its nor isp (internet radio or download work fine in background) ... its not my computer ... its bug ... also have another bug but this may be only on my PC ... join map and then after few minutes i have major lag when everthing stops for two-three seconds and then continues normaly (this happens on first appearance of helicopter) and it happens only on first map that I join ... after that first lag all works fine for hour or two untill lost connection bug.

Comment

you had a connection problem during an internet radio and a download?

um..............maybe thats what caused the problem?

Comment

no ... no ... no ... i tested lost connection with DL and Radio in background ... just ping was bigger nothing else

Comment

I also have/had this problem.. but it seemed to tone down when i opened more ports on my router.
                    Originally posted by CaptainPuffy
                    Unlock BF2’s Ports: Open up all the ports in your firewall, Battlefield 2 uses ports to contact the internet, Firewalls block these ports, you will need to open them up, If you have a router, forward the ports to the computer which uses Battlefield 2 Here are a list of ports you need to open on BF2:
                    16567 and 16569 are the most important

Opening these will help:
                    UDP 27900
                    UDP/TCP 29900
                    TCP 80
                    TCP 4711
                    TCP 29901
                    UDP 1500-4999
                    UDP/TCP 1024-1124
                    UDP 28910
                    UDP 16567
                    UDP 55123-55125

Comment

I don't think it is a bug.
                      I uninstalled/reinstalled my router /router driver (not physically) and it worked!!!
                      None of the typical solutions were working.
                      Settings now:
                      DHCP Server ENABLED (I have Comcast)
                      Internal Firewall OFF ---don't think it's a firewall problem tho.
                      Did a windows security update.. <---that's the only thing new come to think of it.
                      Hope this can help...

oh yeah, did do port triggering: portforward.com

Comment

i have this connection problems alot aswell, when the game came out i could play the game and hear internet radio for 4 hours and i didnt have a connection problem or high ping even once, and now i get connection problems alot even if bf is the only thing accessing the internet.

i dont have a router, i connect directly to the cable modem

Comment

Also, update Punkbuster...

Use that, it's very easy. I haven't gotten the problem with your connection error ever since I exchanged a crappy router I had and opened up my ports.

Comment

My ports are open i keep punkbuster updated manually, I still get the issue.

Comment

i get this problem often too, but weirdest thing my ping dunt go higher than 25ms when i get this issue??

Comment

Working...
                              X