Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servers Say Im Using Modified Bf2. Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers Say Im Using Modified Bf2. Help!!!

When i got euro force i thought it was great but after about joining 7 different servers a message came "this server does not allow modified content please refer to official version of Battlefiled 2" i thought it was just a glitch so i tryed joining a different server, IT HAPPEND AGAIN so i restarted my pc like 3 times still the same message so then i tryed installing 1.21 patch again IT WORKED i was jumping with joy but then about a day later it said it again @#&"! so after a few restarts and then uninstalling the game it woked I WAS REALLY HAPPY BECAUSE I DIDNT WASTE MY TIME STAYING UP TILL 4:00AM but NOW ITS SAYING I HAVE MODIFIED CONTENT I AM REALLY SCARED NOW PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Servers Say Im Using Modified Bf2. Help!!!

Did you modify the intro files? This happened to me once, so I just changed them back. Hope this helps!

Comment

Im getting the same error and i never modified anything!!!!!!! :evil:

Comment

It means that you didn't patch properly even if it seemed to work.

Keep patching until it works.

Servers without the green TV icon in the browser won't kick you for this error.

Comment

bah it somtimes says that to me. Basically, It's b0llocks. Just keep reconnecting and it'll go. Its's very strange. I wouldnt worry.

Comment

yer some reson i tryed it this afternoon and it worked VERY STRANGE INDEED

Comment

best thing that i can tell u is to unstal everything and reinstall everything and download the big patch and install it.

Comment

Its weird, I only get this error when i try to join a server running Wake. I had the problem in the past but with a different map, cant remember which it was now at this stage.

Comment

OFFICAL SOLUTION TO THIS:

If you read one of the "optimization guide" for BF2, there is one method about changing the name of BF2.exe to someother name (Bf21.exe) for example. this optimzation works for me for some unexplainable reasons, but it does create a problem during patching, namely that your BF2.exe will not be patched.

Solution: backup the previous (1.2) bf2.exe file, patch again.

Comment

had same problemo but uninstalled everything reinstalled everything. Its like a nice clean car now *can't believe i just said that*

Comment

I had exact problem, but I could only find my one disc for BF2 so reinsallation was not an option. What I ended up doing was uninstalling SF cause it was a waste, and it works! Maybe I'll reinstall SF, maybe not.

Comment

Has anyone found a work around for this? I tried uninstalling SF and then reinstalling. I'm still gettin the revert to unmodified error message

bump, anyone????

Comment

the whole mod content error is all about the patches
                          if you can reinstall game do it saves time even though its a pain

add/remove programs remove BF2 + SF
                          install BF2 (dont run just install)
                          install SF (will auto patch to 1.1 or something)
                          install a FULL patch since that will patch all previous versions

dont try to install all you old downloaded patched in order... just get the FULL

sorry if this does not work for you but this is how I fixed mine

Comment

K- I've looked around, done the necessary things, and nyet. I have been unable to get anything else but the "moddified content" error. It keeps coming up for Special Forces... Normal BF2 games load up and are playable juz fine, but trying to access the Spec Forces servers is nigh impossible. Did the whole "uninstall and reinstall and apply patch's in order" thing, but nien. The suggestions to fix have been pretty amatureish so far, perhaps someone with an actual explantion might reply to this. Till then i weep for my waiting unlocks.

Comment

I guess I'll try the full reninstall stuff. It seems like such a pain to have to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X