Great Lag on Great Wall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lag on Great Wall!

I am seeing alot of Graphics LAG on Great Wall! When I am turning with my mouse in certain areas of the map I am getting freezes and stutter. Especially when in an up close fire fight. I am running an nVidia eVga 6800 NU 128M with 16/6 pipes open.

The other two new maps play smooth, just like all the vanilla maps. I wonder if EA didn't bother to optimize Great Wall for most of us players who don't have the most uber up to date graphics cards?

Personally I am not very happy with this situation after paying $10 for these maps, weapons, etc. As well as not being able to use at least the new small arms weapons in vanilla BF2 is really pathetic! EA, c'mon let us use the new kits in Vanilla???

Based on my personal experiences so far with EA's first booster pack for BF2, I may not be buying any more of them...

Re: Great Lag on Great Wall!

i beleave the recomended specs are a 6800 and 2 gigs of ram.... if u got atliest that u should be alright

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing this graphics lag on Great Wall? Or on the other two new EF maps?

Comment

i recognize some lags at the great wall. but they just appear at the beginning and dissappear 20 secs later. what could this be

Comment

That could be the textures getting loaded into memory, or even onto your swap file on your hard drive.

I found Operation Smokescreen to be more demanding on my rig than Great Wall. I lowered shadows and dynamic shadows to medium to resolve it.

Comment

A couple people (myself included) have posted on this already.

Sadly, you're going to need to turn down your settings a bit for just one map.

Lucky for me I cannot stand the great wall map.

Comment

Yeah, I had problems with it as well. I have an X1900XTX with 2GB of RAM and an X2 processor. The thing would drop down to 14 frames-per-second at times.

I fixed it though. It seems there's something with the Catalyst Control Center, I guess. I uninstalled it and only installed the 6.3 drivers and everything is where it should be.

- N

Comment

Originally posted by G.I.Jersey
                I am seeing alot of Graphics LAG on Great Wall! When I am turning with my mouse in certain areas of the map I am getting freezes and stutter. Especially when in an up close fire fight. I am running an nVidia eVga 6800 NU 128M with 16/6 pipes open.

The other two new maps play smooth, just like all the vanilla maps. I wonder if EA didn't bother to optimize Great Wall for most of us players who don't have the most uber up to date graphics cards?

Personally I am not very happy with this situation after paying $10 for these maps, weapons, etc. As well as not being able to use at least the new small arms weapons in vanilla BF2 is really pathetic! EA, c'mon let us use the new kits in Vanilla???

Based on my personal experiences so far with EA's first booster pack for BF2, I may not be buying any more of them...

i have

nvidia 6800 128mb agp
                amd 3400 newcastle
                2 gb ram pc2700
                sb audigy 2 value
                comcast

and it runs great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by G.I.Jersey
                  Is anyone else experiencing this graphics lag on Great Wall? Or on the other two new EF maps?
                  just on Great Wall

Comment

i dont really have any lag (quite a suprise with everything on medium , Geforce 5700 LE 256 MB) during normal gameplay , But when i zoom in with the sniper rifle i can't even aim right .

Comment

When I first installed EF and tryed Great wall it stuttered bad, but then 2nd time loading it up it was lag free on 32 map 64 players runs smooth now.

My system:

AMD 3000+ Barton
                      2gig 3200 DDR duel channel
                      2x80Gig sata hdd
                      6800GT (256mb) Galaxy Glacier gfx
                      8x8 pioneer DVDrw
                      x40 CDrw
                      20" Aydin crt monitor
                      1024x768x75 x2aa everything else on high.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyLilBastard
                        Yeah, I had problems with it as well. I have an X1900XTX with 2GB of RAM and an X2 processor. The thing would drop down to 14 frames-per-second at times.

I fixed it though. It seems there's something with the Catalyst Control Center, I guess. I uninstalled it and only installed the 6.3 drivers and everything is where it should be.

- N
                        If this is the case, then let's hope that ATi notices, and fixes it, in the next update.

Comment

any of you get "lag" where you can hold the fire button down for a full second before you even start shooting? how when you let go of crouch, you're still crouched for another second? happened to me the other night, on OUR own server, which never lagged at all before this. my friends didn't experience this at all, just me. joined 3 different servers and saw none of this, not even on a server with a 300 ping!

Comment

My specs are rather high end - X2 4400+, 2 x 7900GT's, 2 Gigs DDR400 2-2-2-5, 2 x 74 Gig Raptor HDD's, DFI SLI-DR Expert motherboard.

And since going SLI, I've been getting random hitching where the game just lags for some reason, usually when turning my character 90 degrees...etc.

I have no idea, I'm usually at/around 50-70 frames/sec when this happens. It's getting rather tiresome...

Comment

I am or should I say was getting the hitching. I did find a pretty simple fix to it! My settings for Image Quality in my Forceware control panel was set to High Quality. I dropped it down one notch to Quality and Viola no more hitching/stuttering!

My FPS also shot up quite a bit from 30-50 to 50-75! I am still seeing a little hitching on Great Wall, but it is Much Much improved over what it was! I'm pretty happy now...

My Specs

Intel P4 2.4c
                              ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
                              Corsair TwinX PC3200 2-2-2-5 512M x 2 (1 Gig)
                              eVga Nvidia 6800 NU 128M (16,6 Pipes and Shaders unlocked)
                              Creative Audigy 2
                              Verizon DSL 3Meg/768K

Comment

Working...
                              X