No announcement yet.

BF2 Gathers (pick up scrim thingys :p)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Gathers (pick up scrim thingys :p)

Are there any BF2 gathers?

In case people dont know what I mean. When I played CS there were channels on IRC that would organise matches with random players. There was a bot in the channel and if you want to play a match you would type !join then you would be assigned a team. When it had all 10 players needed for it, the bot would pm you the server IP, password and team tag.

It was great when you werent in a clan and wanted to play a match or if your clan wasnt playing and you wanted a game anyway to avoid pubs. I have no idea if it exists or if it would even work with bf2 clan match styles. But if there is one could someone let me know, prefferably in europe (on Quakenet).

Of course if anyone would like to start a gather channel let me know if you need any help.

Re: BF2 Gathers (pick up scrim thingys )

never really played much CS but that sounds like a really cool idea

Comment

Ya they are very good if well run. They took off quite well in CS but havent heard a thing about them in BF2 unfortunately. Although IRC seems to be non existant in the BF2 community.
      Id actually be surprised if they didnt exist all the same.

Comment

I think this would be a really good idea for team play without a clan i like to just play by myself sometimes but the few times i have been in a really good team it was awsome there must be somthing like this

Comment

So nobody knows of these ?

Comment

it seems that these things do not exist

Comment

if you're in a team, you can find scrims on these IRC channels on gamesurge.net

#bf2scrim
              #findscrimbf2
              #bf2-scrim

Comment

does that mean you have to have a team to join or can you just go there by yourself and join

Comment

99% on those channels are CAL teams. if you go there to scrim with 8 strangers that are not on voice comms, prepare to get your a$$ handed to you. the people you find there including myself, play to win and not for points.

Comment

Ya I dont mean scrim channels, its for people who are in a clan or not in a clan to just get a quick game with random team-mates and opponents. Its just to get away from pub and have a friendly match at any time of the day.

You dont have to rely on friends or clan mates to play. I used to play a lot of PCWs when i played CS using warfinder channels like those theyre great if people are around that you know so you can put up a fight against other clans who are looking for wars, or at least find low skill wars . But its not as easy going as gathers.

Comment

on gamesurg there is a channel called #bf2pug where pick up games are formed. there is also a #bf2pug ventirllo server that everyone joins for the pickup games. it is all fun.

just d/l IRC and connect to gamesurge and join #bf2pug. they don't happen very often but during peak times you should be able to get in one

Comment

Ah sweet so they have a bot going and all that ?.
                        Ill have a look although lag will probably screw me . Cant play on ameican servers i only get around 100ish ping but the game goes extremely jerky.

Comment

no bot, just spam the channel saying PUG NOW PUG NOW NOW NOW NOW and people start to listen

Comment

lol ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X