The Usual Rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Usual Rants

OK i jas just playing bf2, the first thing i always get is loads of lag, i mean up the ass. My ping is low, 40-80 and my fps is like 40-60 but i still get loads of lag. I look at the others in the server and they got 40-200. "why do people have to play outside there low ping area, like I only want to play with people who are in my area, playing with people from euro or Auss just makes the game really laggy.

After like 10 mins the lag tends to subside.

Another thing i hate is all the damn chatter, HABa do swattie, bla bla bla. God i cant hear anything but chatter, enamy spotted, chopper spotted, jeep spotted, medic, need ammo, etc. I want to turn that off or just turn off some of the things they say because i cant hear ****.

Another issue is the hit box count, i dont get it. I can hit a guy in the head 2 shots they die, sometimes i get lucky and other times it dosent even hurt them. I mean i put like 6 rounds in a man then he just turns and pops a few into me and i die. Theses few things really annoy me to hell!!

If i play on a lan or solo i get no issues with lag or hitbox but damn online play with this game blows, unless your in a 20 man server.:|:

Re: The Usual Rants

There are no low lag servers for me, the nearest ranked server is over 1000 miles away from my house.

Comment

Lol^^

Comment

lag at the startup is normal...as is the hitbox issue you described.....i think they suck, but ya gotta take the bad with the good i spose...(for now atleast)
        as for the voice over...i think its annoying as hell....and its insane that you cannot adjust the volume for it...lack of thought when adding the feature i think....i cant tell you how annoying it is, when u are by yourself trying to cap an enemy flag, and you cannot listen to your surroundings because of annoying and constant audio spam that does not even pertain to your objective

Comment

why dont you just turn the voip off?

i have it on so i can annoy people by hitting the mic on stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVoc.uK
            Lol^^
            It's true, I usually see maybe 3 servers that are around 90ms, rest are way over 100

Comment

Originally posted by razor
              OK i jas just playing bf2, the first thing i always get is loads of lag, i mean up the ass. My ping is low, 40-80 and my fps is like 40-60 but i still get loads of lag. I look at the others in the server and they got 40-200. "why do people have to play outside there low ping area, like I only want to play with people who are in my area, playing with people from euro or Auss just makes the game really laggy.
              After like 10 mins the lag tends to subside. :|:
              Untrue! High ping players joining a server may give a momentary ping spike, but once they are on the server, their ping does not impact directly on yours in any significant way. The server allocates a maximum capped amount of bandwidth to each individual (Netspeed cap of 10k -20k bps), so a player with a higher ping cannot draw more bandwidth than anyone else. With this, it is an absolute impossibility does not matter what game you play. The server doesn't slow down to provide data at a slower rate for 56k'ers/people from other countries.
              If you're warping, then I'm afraid that would be packet loss you are experiencing and that can be blamed on the server's connection (T1 branched off a local OC45 or OC98) or your own ISP. Another thing that would explain the problems you have is graphical slowdown (i.e, always confused for lag). This is unrelated to your internet connection, it is acutally the direct result of your system struggling to draw all the details and special effects on the screen. The only resolution to this issue is to revise your game settings or upgrade hardware/firmware/drivers/bios, etc.
              If your ping goes through the roof and everyone elses does too, (happens once in a while) then you could say you are getting lag. Even this is not due to high pingers.
              You can always expect when you or anyone else joins a server, there will be a ping spike, it is inevitable. When large groups ae joining the server it get more severe.
              It's too bad that most people do not really know what the difference between lag/ping/packet loss really are:

Packet Loss - Term describing the loss of some information being sent/received through your internet connection to the server, it has to be resent ASAP so it tries again. If you experience packet loss on all BF2 servers, and other games then your own hardware (modem, ethernet card) might need replacing, or your ISP may be having problems.

Ping Lag - Is a general term used and thrown around to describe the delay of your players movements and actions and the response within the level/map you are playing on. This is caused when the time in milliseconds (ms) is high, usually over 100. The ping number is obtained when your client sends packets of information to the server and the server sends the same packets back. In other words it's the time taken for that "round trip".

Comment

Well all i know is i only get this issue with BF2.

I say anyone with a solid 200ping should go play in there own area, 56k players should not even play.

Comment

You can "think" what you want, but I "know" this for a fact. There is really nothing more to know about this than what was posted above. Fact is always heavier than opinion.

Comment

I like opinion better.

Comment

Working...
                    X