Battlefield 2 Downloader error :32791:6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Downloader error :32791:6

Emailed EA support, Who's first reply wasn't anything to do with my problem, heres the complete log, and i dont expect any replies over the next few days since its Sunday tomorrow...

EA Response (Cyrous D.) 18/03/2006 06:00 AM
    Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear that our previous suggestions did not help.

If you still have issues there may a corruption in one of the files.

There are a few things that you may want to try.

1. You may want to restart the system.

Click on Log Out in the upper right hand corner of the EA downloader window.
    In the task bar in the lower left next to the system time right click on the EA downloader icon and select Exit.
    Restart your computer.

Once you have restarted double click on the EA downloader icon and log in.

2. If restarting EA Downloader did not work, please uninstall and reinstall EA downloader. If the downloader does not uninstall properly follow the directions for manually uninstalling found here.

To manually uninstall EA Downloader you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two part process. This will remove all traces of the game from your system.

Remember that editing your computers registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully. To remove all of the game folders:

Open My Computer.
    Open your harddrive (by default this is C.
    Open the Program Files folder.
    Open the Electronic Arts folder.
    Right-click on the EA Downloader folder and choose Delete.
    A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
    When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
    Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
    Now you can remove the registry keys for the game:

**Click on Start and then click on Run...
    In the text line type regedit, then click OK.
    Click on File and then Export...
    Choose a location and name for the file (this will be your backup registry file).
    Click Save.**

The next steps will all be performed in the left pane of the Registry Editor window:

Click on the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    Click on the + next to SOFTWARE.
    Click on the + next to Electronic Arts.
    Right-click on EA Core folder and choose Delete.
    Click on the + next to Microsoft.
    Click on the + next to Windows.
    Click on the + next to Current Version.
    Click on the + next to Uninstall.
    Right-click on {1D171963-9063-4423-898B-8EC4F1F190B7} and choose Delete.
    A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
    EA Downloader has now been completely removed from your system. You may now reinstall EA Downloader.

**Restoring the registry back up (This step is only necessary, if you are experiencing any issues with your operating system after you have performed the regedit)

Click the Start button-> Run.
    Type in "regedit".
    Click on the Registry (File in Windows 2000/XP) menu, then click Import Registry File.
    Find the backup file you created earlier and click on it.
    Click Open and this will restore the registry.**

Hopefully these suggestions will be of service to you. Thank you for your time and patience.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (https://eauk.custhelp.com)

Sincerely,
    Cyrous D.
    EA Games Technical Support

Customer (...........................) 17/03/2006 02:42 PM
    Hi, I tried that, the problem is its saying the clock is not correct, (it is) so it wont decrypt the game and let me install (i was hoping 4th time lucky after rebooting my router) Is there some sort of time lock that stops it decrypting it after a certain amount of time? Please help i have attached an image of my problem

EA Response (Cyrous D.) 17/03/2006 11:56 AM
    Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with EA Downloader

Meanwhile, please try the following steps that might help resolve your issue:

1. First make sure that you are using Internet Explorer 6. Other browsers such as Mozilla, Opera and Internet Explorer 7 beta will not run correctly.

2. Make sure that your system time is accurate. Double click on the clock in the lower right corner of your screen in the task bar and check the time, year, month and day to make sure that it is correct. Once this correction is made log out of the EA downloader an log back in.

3. If you continue to have this issue please try the steps listed below:

The EA Downloader is built on Internet Explorer, so browser security settings will affect how the downloader works. Often these security settings can prevent access to specific features that allow uploading or downloading files.

To check this:

Open the Internet Explorer browser.
    Click on the Tools option from the toolbar.
    Click on Internet Options…
    Click on the Security tab.
    Click on the globe labeled Internet.
    Listed under Security level for this zone, adjust the slider to Medium, or if you are still unable to access the site adjust the slider to Low.
    Warning: It is not recommended to leave your browser security settings at Low, and should only be adjusted to this level for testing purposes.
    When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes.
    Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
    Also, spyware can affect the usage of the EA Downloader, Spybot Search & Destroy, and 'Ad Aware SE' to clean your system (available at www.download.com for free). Please try to download, install, update and use them to make sure your system is not affected by any spyware.

Hopefully these suggestions will be of service to you. Thank you for your time and patience.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (https://eauk.custhelp.com)

Sincerely,
    Cyrous D.
    EA Games Technical Support

Auto-Response (Cyrous D.) 17/03/2006 12:34 AM
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your question. Before you finish submitting your question, you may be interested in the following answers which other gamers who were having a similar problem found useful in answering their question.

Title: Why is it telling me to purchase Euro Force?
    Link: https://eauk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea...ted=1142442352

If this doesn't help, please go ahead and use the Finish Submitting Question below to send your question to us.

Customer (.................) 17/03/2006 12:34 AM
    Hello, I downloaded Euro Forces hoping to play it within 1 hour of starting to download, Paid my £5.99 and got the Ea Downloader, Downloaded fine but during the install it says that theres a CRC problem with 1 map, So as suggested i deleted it and downloaded it again, same problem different map. So i saved the good maps that worked and was hoping that i could manage to get the 3 maps eventually. The third time all the maps got a CRC error, So i tried again, now i have it downloaded but it says something about my PC clock not set up right or something? Im assuming theres a time lock?
    Here is a screenshot of the error..

Sorry if i have posted a problem thats already here but i searched and found nothing.

Thx.

Re: Battlefield 2 Downloader error :32791:6

Don't know about that error, but if you have been getting CRC errors on some files, then you may need to run a diskscan. CRC errors are from several things...bad downloads, hard drive error (failing hard drive), bad memory, and others.

To start off I would boot into safemode, delete your temp files, clear the cache for firefox and ie, then run diskscan. Once that is done, run a defrag, then reboot to normal mode and see if the error still happens.

I also read in another post somewhere that you may have to wait 24 hours for the EA servers to reset with this error.

On a side note, make sure you have plenty of hard drive space available. Defrag requires about 20% of the hd capacity to be free.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Battlefield 2 Downloader error :32791:6

Originally posted by Cigar_Man
      Don't know about that error, but if you have been getting CRC errors on some files, then you may need to run a diskscan. CRC errors are from several things...bad downloads, hard drive error (failing hard drive), bad memory, and others.

To start off I would boot into safemode, delete your temp files, clear the cache for firefox and ie, then run diskscan. Once that is done, run a defrag, then reboot to normal mode and see if the error still happens.

I also read in another post somewhere that you may have to wait 24 hours for the EA servers to reset with this error.

On a side note, make sure you have plenty of hard drive space available. Defrag requires about 20% of the hd capacity to be free.

Good luck.
      thanks, well the error began on thursday night, so 24 hours is up, i heard somewhere that theres a limit on how much it can be installed in a week, even though it claims that you can install/download unlimited times

will try your suggestions later today

Comment

Working...
      X