NVIDIA 84.21 Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 84.21 Driver

This driver has been working good on my 5900 Ultra. I've seen an FPS increase in SF that was caused by the 1.2 patch. Anybody else using these?

Re: NVIDIA 84.21 Driver

aye, have got them & see improvements in BF2

Comment

Been using them and really hadnt noticed any great gains... but havent noticed anything bad about them either

Comment

No difference for me.

Comment

Under the name 84.21, the new driver brings improvements in PureVideo codec (H.264 acceleration for GeForce 6/7) and serious improvement in performance in the favourite game of most nV execs - F.E.A.R. The performance increase is similar to the one ATI experienced back at the time of X1800 launch - with 84.21, you get around 30-40% when enabling anti aliasing. The most moderate performance improvement, 17% was noted on a 6600 DDR2 card, while 7800GTX 256MB now finally has a playable framerate when 4xAA is enabled, giving a 38% performance boost.

Comment

Anyone run an EVGA board with the nvidia drivers? I have been waiting until EVGA releases their version.

Comment

Originally posted by Robster
              Anyone run an EVGA board with the nvidia drivers? I have been waiting until EVGA releases their version.
              No reason to wait, hell i didnt even know people actually used the "manufacturer's drivers"

All the modern graphics cards are basically based off the same reference design and are produced to work with the nvidia drivers, Its been at least 5-6+ years since i can even recall a video card needing or being optimized for a specific manufacturer driver.

I remember Asus bundled a wallhack with their drivers back in the GF2/GF3 era.

Comment

Try this 84.20 modified driver for better performance

Comment

Originally posted by twsmit
                  No reason to wait, hell i didnt even know people actually used the "manufacturer's drivers"

All the modern graphics cards are basically based off the same reference design and are produced to work with the nvidia drivers, Its been at least 5-6+ years since i can even recall a video card needing or being optimized for a specific manufacturer driver.

I remember Asus bundled a wallhack with their drivers back in the GF2/GF3 era.
                  I have the EVGA 6800 and have always used the Nvidia drivers without a problem. I am not sure how to check the FPS in game but I would have to say with all settings at high, I have very good graphics

Comment

Working...
                  X